• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Purchasing Vs. Leasing

"AtlantaSteve" said:
To be fair, I thought it was too...and still do, dammit. But I decided that my words might be hurtful to someone who happens to suffer from the affliction I was poking fun at. I thought how I'd feel if my daughter was like that, and I read that comment. I moved the personalization to my daughter because if it was ME and someone made that joke, I'd still think it was funny, but we're more defensive about our loved ones than our selves oftentimes.

I love being brutally cutting when I'm making fun of someone, but only when I KNOW they know it's in good natured jest, and I never like to be unkind.

For the record, since I'm an admin, let me categorically state, had someone ELSE made the joke, I would NEVER have touched it, and if someone HAD been offended, I'd tell them to get a thicker skin or stay out of the password boards. But since it was my joke, and my posts, I felt I had the right to change them. While I expect anyone who comes here to have a thick enough skin to take whatever we can dish out, I also have an expectation of myself to not make unkind jokes at the expense of those who might be hurt, ESPECIALLY if I didn't know they'd be hurt.

Johnny, humblest apologies for derailing your thread so completely.

Steve

Steve,
I hear what you are saying..all good.

Back