• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Putting 67 dash bezel in 68

pnandy

Ok so after searching the internet i have to ask why is the 68 dash bezel so much more $ than the 67 bezel. so this leaves me to ask what do i have to do to put a 67 bezel in my 68 will the 67 dash trim also fit wiht out modifications ~help

I looked and you're right, good question. The pieces are very similar in quality... less demand for the '68 maybe? I dunno.

The '67 and '68 dash trim pieces should be fully interchangable. The only notable difference will be the "bump pad" that runs along the middle of the passenger side dash. You'll use the '67 instrument cluster and trim pieces and then use the '68 bump pad to fill the holes in the dash. W/o the bump pad, you'll have 5 or 6 holes in the face of your metal dash.

Also, (and this is important)

'68 cars have the WS wiper switch mounted in the instrument bezel, you'll have to mount your WS wiper switch in the lower dash.... and then need a new switch.... and new wiring.....

Are you sure about this trim swap?

ok so the price difference probably has to do with the wiper switch lol i will only do it if i decide to go with the brush alumn finish it guess i'll fork out the extra for the 68 if i go with the black

The only difference is the high beam indicator, the 68 has the running horse and the 67 has a round light. I have the 67 brushed aluminum in my car, well most of it, the cluster is on my kitchen table, but it fits. The windshiled wiper is in the same spot on both. The dash pad, on the front under the dash panels does not affect the dash pieces, it mounts underneath them. Not all '68's had the pad, mine doesnt.

One another note though, where did you see the '68 more than the '67 cluster? You will end up paying 3x as much for a '67 aluminum cluster than a '68 camera case.

541371_318_full.jpg

541371_435_full.jpg

Also, (and this is important)

'68 cars have the WS wiper switch mounted in the instrument bezel, you'll have to mount your WS wiper switch in the lower dash.... and then need a new switch.... and new wiring.....

Are you sure about this trim swap?

~dk ~dk ~dk ~dk ~dk ~dk ~dk ~dk ~dk ~dk ~dk ~dk ~dk

Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave
~iws ~iws ~iws ~iws ~iws ~iws ~iws ~iws ~iws

What the heck was I thinking? Forget everything I said about the WS wiper switches being different! Thanks Rick!

Thanks Dave for the self correction. I was about to ask, WTF? Actually I should be pissed that you didn't let me question you. I guess just a little too quick for me.

I was saying that the camera case for the 68 costs twice as much as the camera case for a 67 if everything lines up i'll just go with the 67 bezel for now

Back