• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

Shoot...I can do that sitting here at my desk: they all suck, bigly!

I finally finished getting all the goo off from the upper pinstripes. They have most likely been on the since the last paint job. The paint is less faded under the stripes.

So, now I have ghost stripes...327b046c09f95dd795c3c4b360c6ca5c.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Faded or is the paint under the tape more matte from lack of wax? I'm betting some compound, a buffer and wax will blend it nicely.

I'm not sure. It looks darker. But I plan on buffing it later this week so we will see. The paint job is around 15 or more years old.

If it doesn't come out I'll tell everyone its an intentional ghost stripe. Lol

I couldn't sleep last night so I went out in the garage.

Started messing around with a template design for my center console. It's not final design, but this is what I'm thinking.

9b49027baa944a7b19d8da65dbe48ee8.jpgd0e6cb8d62fd96702100808233dc0c9f.jpg

I'm not sure how well cardboard will hold up! Ok, kidding aside, I like the design. My only concern would be if the top part was long enough to comfortably lean an elbow on while on the long cruises. Hard to say without sitting in the seat. Great to see you making progress.

Maybe I should rethinkk the cardboard. If it's a convertible. Lol

I'm a left hand driver, so my right sits pretty good where I have it. But I wanted to have room for cup holders so I can't go forward more.

I'm sure I'll tweak it more as I go. Just trying to get a rough idea.

This is the look I'm going for, I'm just to cheap to pay $450 for it.
b25f4bb16c6578cf16fda269172b0f4b.jpg6eee6a893e8fc56ac9c804f9e39db7b9.jpg

I took the Stang out today and got 2 new front tires and an alignment done. The specs were way off!
The ride after is much better. less wander and no more vibration on the highway.

I put about 75 miles on it today.

Here's the alignment specs
26028c6ec04983abe4818092b99516f9.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks.

Definitely a 20 footer. Up close it doesn't look as good as in pictures. It's a chipped up banged up driver. But it still turns heads when I drive it.

Nice picture, but where's the snow and/or the state birds (mosquitoes)?

Back