• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

Re: Re: Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

"lethal289" said:
Did you get the patch done? :shrug

I finished the car and have been driving it for weeks.

Oh wait, I must have been dreaming.

I haven't touched the car in weeks. Back to school is in full swing and I am working 60 hours a week. I guess this summer is over for the car.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Wow, 2 years since I've updated this. Guess I haven't made much progress.

Well today I made a bit of progress.
Modified the gas pedal and got the accelerator cable installed. Realized I had the EGR delete spacer upside down. Flipped that and rerouted some wiring.
umugebyb.jpg

Here's the piece before I cleaned it up and painted it. It extends the top of the pedal up about 2" for the throttle cable.
yva3e8e6.jpg

Bolted it to the pedal and reinstalled pedal after a few bends and a couple of test fits to get wide open throttle in the right position I painted it and put it back in. One more thing off the list.
uva3yha7.jpg

Fuel lines are next.

Last edited by a moderator:
all right! :thu
You got a year before the Power Tour comes up your way. Even if you just come down to the Dells. After missing most of the Tour this year, Tara and I are really planning to do the whole thing next year!
Besides you need to get that baby back out and have some fun with her!

If the power tour comes to Wisconsin I will definitely be there. Even if just for the dells part.

Assuming I'm still in Wisconsin next June. :roul

Got a bunch of parts in today. Should have everything I need to start the fuel lines. At least up to the inner fender. Then I need to figure out the plan for connecting to the fuel rails.

ujunujet.jpg

what float/sender unit is that? I was telling Larry that I've seen them made for EFI bit can't recall who makes it.

I'm not sure which one he bought...but I know that Ron Morris Performance makes one. I have one for a 65-66 sitting on the shelf if anyone is interested.

Pat, just curious when you got the Ron Morris part? The reason I'm asking is because if it was recently, how was his service? I ordered something from him a few years back and service was pretty good. Recently I've seen a few complaints about service. I still need to order a speedo cable from him for my car.

p.s. A little off topic, but if someone needs the EFI sending unit set up for a 65-68 like Pat's, I have a Ron Morris unit also. I bought it and them went another direction (in tank pump set up). The big plus is, it's one of his original Ford brass float units which he no longer sells. Just PM me.

I actually bought it very recently through CJ ponyparts. I caught a good sale and got it for $75. They are normally $100. It was of course on back order, but I think it only took a couple weeks to ship.

Well the efi sending unit is in. Fuel pump mounted and wired. Ran the line from the tank to the fuel pump.
Hopefully I'm not screwing this up.
ygyhube5.jpg

zesyrevu.jpg

Took a picture of the inside of the tank to see if it was clean. I guess it must be pretty new.
9u9yhude.jpg

ydypa8es.jpg

I had planned on bending metal lines to the front, but apparently my tubing bender doesn't do 5/16" line.

Also modified the oil dipstick too.

Any suggestions on what to do with the gas I drained out? There was only 2 gallons, but It's 3 years old.

"RapidRabbit" said:
Any suggestions on what to do with the gas I drained out? There was only 2 gallons, but It's 3 years old.
send it to Duane, he'll know what to do with it... :roll

You really should be using EFI hose clamps... at least on the high pressure side... they are less likely to fail.

Re: Re: Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

"stangg" said:
You really should be using EFI hose clamps... at least on the high pressure side... they are less likely to fail.

Thanks. I will pick some up and change them.

Back