• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

Thanks. What did you end up using for fuel lines? I'm planning on getting a Holley Sniper and am going to run both lines new, probably not in the stock location. Looking for ideas of routing it, thinking of in coming up behind the motor in the center area.

Last edited:
Thanks. What did you end up using for fuel lines? I'm planning on getting a Holley Sniper and am going to run both lines new, probably not in the stock location. Looking for ideas of routing it, thinking of in coming up behind the motor in the center area.
I'm trying to decide if I want to run new lines. Currently I'm running nylon fuel lines down the passenger side.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I'm working on getting all my fuel connections wrapped up and uncovered this nice Rusty hole in the rear wheel well.

I made the mistake of poking at some rot and it grew immensely by the time I was done.
65bb7f0d984603854a4f7647284c23de.jpg
8f532937f294401d116197ce9394b60d.jpg
edfa3865b7d3927000161f363b2b43b0.jpg

Painted the the bottom of the new tank with some undercoating.

I decided to try duplicolor's premium undercoating. I really like it. For a rattle can it goes on really well and has a nice texture almost like a bedliner.
d2fcfd5f4e6a8e678e0ff53680db7912.jpg
c351dc419cdc24b807a9dc0d4f629d45.jpg
29a6e4256e636d1e8e71a85a3da80b81.jpg

5a117bb030d6bec002ef40ea3990f331.jpg

Last edited:
That does look like it applied well. Did it lay out thick enough that it helps to deaden that "tinny" sound when you rap on it?

I'll pick up some great stuff on the way home.
For those that remember way back when that dude Nick was building that foam filled Eleanor in his driveway a decade or so ago I've got a story to share. I was wasting time online the other day and came across a hole I fell into and next thing I know I am perusing a thread somewhere of a guy building an Eleanor in his driveway. It looked like he was doing some good work too. Read a bit further and it said it was not his first. He had built a number of them previous but this one was his best so far, etc. I eventually figured out it was the same guy. He's still at it! Happy to report it would seem he has progressed beyond using spray foam. :D

That does look like it applied well. Did it lay out thick enough that it helps to deaden that "tinny" sound when you rap on it?
It seems to have quieted it considerably. It has a decent thunk sound now with no vibration. Once it's full of fuel I think it should be nice.

I had to order an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and I bought one that didn't have a test port because I assumed I had the 5.0s original Schrader valve on the fuel rail. Well I didn't realize it was originally on the hard lines running down the front of the engine and was removed.

So once I get the new one, I'll finish up the install.

My favorite car show is only 2 Weeks away so I need to get this done ASAP.

Today was miserably hot and humid. Low
90s with 70% humidity. Yuck! I was dripping. But it was my day off and I needed to get some work done.

I installed the fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter and the connections at the tank.

5 days left to make my car show.

We just got home last night from Yellowstone national park, it was so nice, cool, little to no humidity and my hair actually had no frizz!! Got to our car at 1:30am and got hit by the blast of Houston heat/humidity, it was like a wall! Can't be healthy! lol

That coverage of the under coating looks great! I wonder what a car would look like painted with that? ;) kidding! However, I would like to do that to the bed of my 2000 Dodge Ram 4x4's bed!

Dne'

There are plenty of options for spray bedliner that you could tackle in a weekend. Fairly cheap too. I'm a fan of Raptor brand stuff. Sprays easy and lays out well. VERY durable.

So the mustang is running, but not drivable yet. It starts and runs but the idle keeps dropping off and almost dies.

Would a small rip on the corner of the throttle body gasket cause this? I do have a new one ordered.

I'm having a major struggle getting a fuel pressure gauge that had the right fittings to test and set the new regulator. I have a new not coming tomorrow and hopefully it will work.

The good news is no leaks so far.
12ca8a5376544f101f96f247dbb7d8d1.jpg

If you have a vacuum leak (bad gasket/seal) it can play havoc with the idle etc. as the measured air is not consistent causing the injection system to hunt for correct fuel mixture.

If you have a vacuum leak (bad gasket/seal) it can play havoc with the idle etc. as the measured air is not consistent causing the injection system to hunt for correct fuel mixture.
I'm hoping that's it. When I took the throttle body off to change the regulator The gasket caught on the studs. The car ran fine before the tank swap and the only other change was adding the adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Well I got a few fittings and tested fuel pressure it was set to low. I adjusted and now she's running like a champ again. No time for a test drive today, but I'll give a good run tomorrow.

The pump is so quiet compared to my external.

Before

After

Also thought I would add pictures of this cart I picked up from the restore. It's and old hospital bedside table. It adjusts up and down and slides beautifully under the car and makes a great work table when hovering over the engine.
2ddc9a780a65e8d03c6344e9b20bb6c0.jpg
ad8d5894c61a2002a085abe56b411f32.jpg
567bfc91e088c15a42b4384a3abc826b.jpg

Back