• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Really dumb question.... fold down seat related

nymustang

I was removing the interior of the fastback (fastbasketcase?) to clean everything and gain access to the trunk. In the process I folded up the rear seat pull out the seat bottom. When I went to fold it back down I realized I had no idea how to do it. There is a latch on the pass side with what appears to be a button (see sideways pic) but the button would push or pull or twist. What the hell do I do? Should I remove the screws to the latch? Is there something dumb I'm missing? Can you tell I'm a NEWB with fastbacks? :hide

"but the button would push or pull or twist" -- I assume you mean "would not"

If your saying the latch doesn't move then it's probably siezed up. Spray some PB blaster on the mechanism and with a little love, you should be able to push the chrome handle in towards the quarter panel.

"nymustang" said:
Seems like I should have thought of that.... :wor

It was a serious answer. None of my latches ever work right so I over ride them with force of will and arm.

I was actually serious also. Didn't mean to sound sarcastic. I really didn't think to just pull harder. I was afraid of breaking something.

Yes the latch is a slider style. Assuming it is operating correctly, you slide the chromed handle outward towards the panel. This handle and latch is spring loaded. While holding it in the outward position, pull on the seat back forward.

Back