• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Really rich!!

Just reiterating things you NEED to do before even looking at the computer... all's it does it take input from sensors and tells the engine's systems what to do. Garbage In -> Garbage out.

Before you go through the expense on replacing the A9L, be absolutely sure that your injectors are matched to the MAF. They work together. You can easily determine the injector size by their color. Also check the coolant temperature sender. If the computer isn't getting the proper coolant temp reading, it might think the engine is cold and run the fuel trim on the rich side. Also check your plugs to see if all are running rich. If only some, then maybe you have a bad plug, bad wire or bad injector. Cleaning/rebuilding injectors is pretty easy if you have a stuck one.

Also, for manual trans, A9L or A9P will work, but if you had an automatic, if I remember right, the A9P has some logic in it to handle idling in gear . The point being, if automatic, better to stick with A9P.

Thanks for the info. I’m traveling right now but plan to check that stuff out when I get back. That’s great info!

Back