• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rear GT500 Badge

Johnny M

I have removed the trunk key slot on my car and I have the GT500 badge and mounting plate.

The rear panel is concave and the badge mounting plate if convex.

If i remember correctly i think some people just mounted the flexible badge without the mounting plate??

I was thinking of making a metal backing plate that fits between the plate and the car so they will fit flush.

What have you guys done?

Johnny, all you have to do is put the chrome base in between 2 blocks of wood and hit it till you get the curve that matches the tailpanel.

"mustangstofear" said:
Johnny, all you have to do is put the chrome base in between 2 blocks of wood and hit it till you get the curve that matches the tailpanel.
I was thinking about doing that at first but thought i might crack/break it.

As long as you have tried it and it turned out ok then I will get the "beating stick" to it later.

Thanks Rich.

Personally I like just the badge and no chrome bezel. But yes Rich is correct you need to get in an argument with someone then proceed into your garage place the bezel in between to blocks of wood and beat it to death. :char

"ClassicRecreations" said:
Personally I like just the badge and no chrome bezel.

Jason,
I noticed that on Ollies car. I personally perfer the badge with the bezel on a black car.

I cut the pins off and got the dead blow out.
IMG_2258.jpg

I am trying to find somone local that can supply me with 3M 468 MP double sided tape as most of the double sided tapes i can find are more like foam than tape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back