• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Replacing side mirror on a '07

70 StangMan

Donator
I need to replace the passenger side mirror after the wife gave me a Valentines Day present of backing out too close to the garage wall on Sunday. :cry Just checking to see if anyone has done this and if there are any steps to make the job simpler ? Thank's,Dale

I have a set with no motor......I went with after market. They can be yours cheap.....real easy change out.....pop off a cover inside, unplug the elec., remove three nuts, remove mirror.

Thank's Pete, I found a supposed OE replacement brand new for $32.60 and free shipping. It should be here by this weekend. I was hoping it was a simple procedure.

No problem.

The inside cover pops off by hand, three snaps. The wires harness has plenty of slack. The three nuts are 10mm I think. The mirror slides out. You may need the three threaded posts that the nuts attach to. I removed them with a small vise grips. When putting them into the new mirror, be sure they go in straight. That was a pain on one of mine.

Back