• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rick, re: 68 rear quarter vent emblem

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Is the rear outside portion of the rear quarter's emblem painted body color? and the center is surrounded with black?

Re: Rick, re: 68 rear quarter emblem

The reflectors? Thats the only thing on the rear qtr I can think of or do you mean the piece behind the door? Those are three colors, the base is body color, then the chrome piece has black accents.

It's the 68 rear quarter ornamental vents, not as I stupidly noted as emblem. I just found Shags originals and I see the chromed ornament is fastened to a ornament base which might be exterior color. These two combined items are then attached to the rear quarter.

So I think I have answered my question that the chromed ornament is not painted but is chromed with a black highlight in the center. The support piece between the ornament and the quarter panel is exterior color?

Exactly......base=exterior then the chrome and black piece. I almost deleted them all together, but glad I kept them now.

George from Guerrero's Body Salon, says "lets delete them" I look at him and glared.

These were deleted, looks nice, but its a NICE car

IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I think for that car, it was the best thing to do for it does look pretty modded. I kinda wish I had removed them from Red back during
her visit to the salon. Oh well.

Craig, another decision you need to make soon, the rocker molding. Kevin (owner of he coupe) had planned to install them, then liked the clean look, soooooo he has the holes in his rockers for the molding clips. Personally, I think Mustangs need either rocker panel molding or rocker stripes, but thats just me. Hell, I would even pull a Bullet and put the molding on in body color. I just think it looks odd with nothing.

Its not as noticable with Kevins car, but look at this one:

2_19_08_08_9_11_00.jpg

he has the holes in his rockers for the molding clips

To overcome these unsightly holes... he can temporarily install some little plastic "xmas tree push plugs" into the holes. The heads of the plugs will sit flush into the rocker and the tops of the plugs can be daubed with some body color.

If done right, the only time it will be noticed is when he's washing the car.

Rick,
That is a damn fine looking 68. I agree that it looks better with rocker molding. Doubt if I'd paint mine. Trying not to go too Bullitty.

A while back someone posted some pics from a Summit show or something, I snagged the photo, it is a sharp looking car.

when i paint mine black i plan to paint the rocker moldings matte black or have them powder coated matte black

Back