• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

roof shingle rant!!!

Flysure1

The roof was brand new when I bought this house 15 years ago, they were Tampco brand and they had some junk back then, I fought to get a little out of them from the company after were curling a lot, I put on GAF next, now 11 years later I have had shingles blow off twice and now these are curling on the garage bad, I bought about the best 3 tab shingle they made back then, 80 mph wind rated, I called gaf the other day after a few more blew off again, the rep said they are only warranteed for 5 years for wind--I was pi$$ed, then I asked about the curling, they sent out a list of the hoops you have to jump through, they want tax records proving I lived there when they were put on, copy of warranty card, copy of receipt when-where purchased, name of contractor who put them on, at least 4 pictures showing damaged area, a picture of the front and rear of structure, and the kicker ---2 full shingles removed from the roof! :expl :expl :expl I suggested they send a rep out and the guy said they don't do that, I asked if they were going to pay for any water damage from my exposed area and he said read my warranty, they are not liable for any water damage---This is exactly what is a lot of the problem with todays companies, sell junk, boderline scam warranties, and screw the customer without even the courtesy of lube!

Even 3 year old heavy duty architectural shingles will curl up on the ends if the attic isn't venting enough....

I am sure that will be the first thing they say, I had a carpenter figure what I needed for vents using some formula, and I am going to ask them to explain the curling ones above the roof overhang, no attic heat there.

Every time you tell a corny joke, a roof shingle curls up in response/disgust.

Sorry 'bout your roof problems...would you rather live down here in FL where a single hurricane can turn your roof a beautiful blue color?

Back