• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Royal Caribbean AK cruise Cancelled

I stuck going to the office. MY specialty is reports/labels and I cannot view printouts at home. I can only work from home 1 or 2 days a week.

The great thing is the machine shop at the office is not being used so I have free reign there. Good thing I known home to use most everything in there. Wish I was better on the mill.

Think I going to make some car part trophies and then have a car show in my driveway, I'm sure to win that way.

isn't that what retired guys are supposed to do? Sit on the front porch in the rocker and yell get off my lawn

And I'm not sure the cruise line industry id gonna pull through this one
Especially considering the fact that the Center for Disease Control says they have found live virus on the ships 17 days later. The National Institute of Health says it can live on cardboard for 1 hour, or up to 3 days on plastic or metal.

Yeah. No virus is going to survive that long simply sitting on a door knob. MAYBE in some extremely unique environment but I doubt that very much. All the other testing shows a few days at the most on all the sampled surfaces a normal person might encounter. Same as all the other bugs we come into contact with every single day that never show a sign of affecting the vast majority of us.

Especially considering the fact that the Center for Disease Control says they have found live virus on the ships 17 days later. The National Institute of Health says it can live on cardboard for 1 hour, or up to 3 days on plastic or metal.
Not to bash you, as I had also heard that story, but once again this appears to be misinformation:

Not to bash you, as I had also heard that story, but once again this appears to be misinformation:
OK, great to know. I was just parroting the Doctor in the video. The sooner this stuff dies, the better for all of us. Here's what the article says: "US health officials clarified that live, infectious SARS-CoV-2 was not found in Diamond Princess cabins up to 17 days after they were vacated". That's rather odd wording. I'm not looking for a conspiricy theory, but it specifies it wasn't found in the cabins. That makes me wonder if it was found someplace else? Maybe it's worded that way because it could still be in the black water plumbing and tanks... and its safe there as long as they don't have to work on those systems.

No, just some idiot reporter speaking with other idiots likely created the whole thing in their own minds if not just flat our made it up. Media fear mongering and absolute lack of investigative and corroborating efforts.

Viruses like this typically (always?) require a living host to sustain them. Hence the reason they cannot survive on surfaces for long at all. They are not going to live in a toilet tank.

I heard they weren't found inside the cabins 100 days later! Oh wait that makes about as much sense as the original report.

Viruses like this typically (always?) require a living host to sustain them. Hence the reason they cannot survive on surfaces for long at all. They are not going to live in a toilet tank.
I have no idea how much a danger they pose outside a cell, but got this from a UC Berkley article: Viruses depend on the host cells that they infect to reproduce. When found outside of host cells, viruses exist as a protein coat or capsid, sometimes enclosed within a membrane. The capsid encloses either DNA or RNA which codes for the virus elements. While in this form outside the cell, the virus is metabollically inert.

This might be the source of the confusion:
"According to researchers at Japan’s National Institute of Infectious Diseases, what was detected on surfaces was SARS-CoV-2 RNA, not live virus, in select cruise ship cabins after they were vacated. This testing was intentionally conducted before disinfection occurred.

RNA, short for ribonucleic acid, is material that carries the genetic information of many viruses. It can indicate if the virus was present but does not indicate the virus was still alive."

Back