• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Score!

RustyRed

This weekend through some networking I found myself a pair of Edelbrock RPM Performer heads for about $650. Figured that was a good deal for a pair since you can't really even buy one new for that cost.

A guy is putting in a larger motor and didn't need these any more and they have about 3k - 5k miles on them so still pretty much new.

I already have a Holley 600 that I purchased a few months back off a buddy.

Now I just need to find a few more odds and ends such as an intake but I think I know where I can find an Edelbrock 7121 for about $50 - $75.

But the part that makes my head hurt is what cam should I be looking at to go along with this?

nice find.
i'm not big on cam spec-ing, but there will be a big difference depending on if you go roller, non-roller and whether hydraulic or solid. which way are you leaning?

I was leaning roller but then I talked to a buddy of mine.

This buddy has a '70 Camaro that will run about a 10 second quarter and he was explaining to me all the reasons why he preferred a non-roller block but I am pretty sure he lost me in there somewhere...LOL!

I still haven't decided whether or not to rebuild my 289 or build a 302. However, I am leaning more towards finding a 302 roller block.

If you rebuild, go with a roller block. A lot more power potential with a roller cam.

If you post details about your car, I can help you find a cam. Is it a DD or a weekend car? Street only, street/strip, or drag car? Which tranny and gears? Engine displacement/compression?

Back