• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

%$#@ seat belt buzzard

69mstng

Is there a way to dissable the seat belt buzzard on a 01 coupe? The stupid thing buzzes even when i got my seat belt on! Its driving me crazy lol :roulette

No specific info, but aren't those buzzers about the size and shape of a turnsignal module? Can't you just follow the sound and then unplug it?

i think this relates to a bad seat belt latch.
unplugging the wiring at the seat belt should stop the buzzing.

I always unplug mine on all my cars. Go under your dash and follow the sound and it is usually like the turn signal relay. I unplug and leave it hanging.

The following procedure will disable or enable the seat belt minder:

Preparation

Before deactivating/activating the belt minder, set the parking brake.
Place the gearshift in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral position (manual transmission).
Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
Close all the vehicle doors.
Unbuckle the driver safety belt.
Place the parklamps/headlamps switch in the OFF position. (If the vehicle is equipped with Autolamps, this will not affect the procedure.)

Deactivating/Activating

Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.)
Wait until the safety belt warning lamp turns off. (approximately one to two minutes)
NOTE: Steps 3 through 5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.

Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This portion of the procedure can be done before or during belt minder warning activation.
Turn the parklamps/headlamps on then off.
Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times ending with the safety belt unbuckled. After this step the safety belt warning lamp will be illuminated for three seconds.
Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning lamp turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. This will enable the belt minder if disabled or disable the belt minder if enabled.
The following sequence of events confirm the belt minder is enabled:
flashing of the safety belt warning belt lamp four times per second for three seconds
three seconds with the safety belt lamp off
flashing the safety belt lamp four times per second for three seconds again
The safety belt lamp flashing four times per second for three seconds provides confirmation that the belt minder is disabled.
After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

"bigb427" said:
The following procedure will disable or enable the seat belt minder:

Preparation

Before deactivating/activating the belt minder, set the parking brake.
Place the gearshift in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral position (manual transmission).
Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
Close all the vehicle doors.
Unbuckle the driver safety belt.
Place the parklamps/headlamps switch in the OFF position. (If the vehicle is equipped with Autolamps, this will not affect the procedure.)

Deactivating/Activating

Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.)
Wait until the safety belt warning lamp turns off. (approximately one to two minutes)
NOTE: Steps 3 through 5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.

Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This portion of the procedure can be done before or during belt minder warning activation.
Turn the parklamps/headlamps on then off.
Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times ending with the safety belt unbuckled. After this step the safety belt warning lamp will be illuminated for three seconds.
Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning lamp turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. This will enable the belt minder if disabled or disable the belt minder if enabled.
The following sequence of events confirm the belt minder is enabled:
flashing of the safety belt warning belt lamp four times per second for three seconds
three seconds with the safety belt lamp off
flashing the safety belt lamp four times per second for three seconds again
The safety belt lamp flashing four times per second for three seconds provides confirmation that the belt minder is disabled.
After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.
I tryed this but it did not work. The buzzar would go off even when the belt was buckled. So it must of not been getting good contact with the switch or whatever you wanna call it were the seat belt buckles in to. I just disconnected the wire to were the seat belt latchs to and that seemed to stop it.
Thanks every one for your help. I am glad i dont have to listen to this (buzzard) lol any more while i am driving down the road.

Glad it worked out for you.
That's a pretty cool trick by BigB427, but I guess if somethings just broke, that won't help.

"bigb427" said:
The procedure I listed is straight out of the Ford shop manual.

a little off topic, but are you using the factory shop manuals on CD?
I discovered those awhile back and they are awesome!

I am a Ford technician, so I have access to manuals online. They have all the latest updates. Ford's website for info like that is restricted to employees only.
The CD's and paper ones are both good to have and are much better than any aftermarket manual.

"bigb427" said:
The CD's and paper ones are both good to have and are much better than any aftermarket manual.

+100
Besides the search capability, the other thing I like is not having the huge manuals taking up space.
Man that PCED (?) manual is like 6 inches thick!

Back