• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Selene/Fred is a San Jose built 1965 Mustang

Abe, this is great news! I'm so happy to hear you'll be able to spend time with your son again. With that extra set of hands you'll have Fred on the road in no time!

Thank you everyone for all of your kind words.

We are very blessed and very happy to be where we are and to have such great people around us. Thanks again for all of your support, it sure helped to get over some of those tough times.

The little guy loves everything, he's brave and adventurous, not afraid to try new things, but he does have a strong passion for cars, sports and art. He just turned in his 100th day of kindergarten project in which he chose to use 100 cars for. I'm sure as he grows up his passions might move from one thing to another but i look forward to embracing them and sharing them with him. I just wish to instill a sense of pride in him, that whatever it is he chooses to do in life, to do it to the best of his abilities, never have any regrets and know that dads got his back.

Any who, I borrowed these photos from gtrefinishers blog. I hope to build something as similar as possible for the little guy.

abe92e03.jpg

b32cb502.jpg

c96db4e7.jpg

Just as you said Bruno, been re-inspired.

Got the other seat platform dropped. Sorry for the bad photos, the iPhone is dropping the ball.

59ceb150.jpg

c1ed0276.jpg

Why don't ya weld those on the inside? Less clean up work on the seams with a grinder. Plus it leaves more weld for integrity.

[nb]I am basing my comments on the assumption that you are going to grind those welds down?[/nb]

"70_Fastback" said:
Why don't ya weld those on the inside? Less clean up work on the seams with a grinder. Plus it leaves more weld for integrity.

[nb]I am basing my comments on the assumption that you are going to grind those welds down?[/nb]

Wasn't planning on grinding them down but you have a good point in regards to welding them on the inside. Blaw

My neighbor has informed me that he will be heading up close enough to the bay and would be willing to take his flatbed trailer and bring Fred down if I pitch in on some of the cost of gas. Looks like Fred might be coming home in August. We are excited.

Anywho, a lot of positive changes down here, our family is a family and we have such a great time together. The little guy is growing up fast but still lovin cars and sports. His love for cars though has shifted to formula one. He knows the sponsor and the drivers names for each team.

Here's a shot of a quarter of his room(his walk in closet is the size of the room I grew up in), he has come to appreciate having his own space and learning the responsibility to maintain said space. But he's a kid and we sure as heck let him act like one which I think he appreciates.

stefansroom1.jpg

Good to hear the great news about your son, Abe.
Glad you are getting to work on Fred again.
Love the McQueen bed. My son would die for that!...

Back