• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SH!T

I took the beast out this afternoon and blew a head gasket. At least I hope that's all it is. I guess I need to put a 6000 pill in for the leisure cruises ~cry

That sucks. If you need a set of MLS head gaskets let me know I have a set that seeped on my block because I didn't have it decked. On second thought if you had them on your engine it may have blown something else that is much more expensive.

What kind of gaskets were you using. I am using some Felpro's that 10second goal recommended. They are the basic gaskets that have a 93 in the part number. They seem to work great for me and they were much cheaper than the other options. I could have purchased about 3 sets of these compared to the MLS gaskets I purchased.

I recently put in new head gaskets and it took me 14 around hours. That is likely because I have so much billet crap that needed polishing. Just for kicks track your time.

Thanks for the sympathies. I'm running FelPros as well. I don't remember the number but I remember doing a lot of research after my Cometics leaked. I guess I need another recommendation. I need a good gasket that will support at least 6-7psi boost.

Here is what I am using FelPro 9333 PT-1. Recommended from 10secondgoal and they seem to be holding up well with my 10 psi of boost. I found out that many of the 5.0 boost guys swear by these gaskets. Enjoy the weekend Mike. ;)

Man, thats some deep footers! Here its 18", and the freeze never goes below that. I'm using the MLS type gasket on the S/C Modular and have put then on the turboed 302. VERY costly though. THe 9333 PT-1's are said to hold 20 lbs of boost without failing. Heck of a lot cheeper than the MLS type.

I looked the 9333-pt-1 up at JEGS. Here is there description.

If you're doing a basic rebuild of a daily driver or non-race engine, these head gaskets offer exceptional value and quality.

I thought the same thing. Why do I want stock gaskets? Many guys that run boost swear by them. All I know is they are doing a much better job than my MLS gaskets did.

good deal. I called Schucks and put a set on hold. I'll be doing the project this weekend. I'm also supposed to get my headers back from being ceramic coated tomorrow. I will have my new FPA step headers to do also.

Back