• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shag's new rear brakes

Looks good to me. Your green spring is yellow on my car.

Something's missing, an axle perhaps?

The axles are still connected to Shag. Once Shag comes home, I'll raise him up and start replacing the suspension.

Nice work craig, I was gonna say it belonged in the concourse board until mid pointed out the color discrepancy....

Mid is getting old for he didn't notice the color of the lower springs not being original.

Craig,

It's difficult to determine from the photo, but I normally lather the threads of the drum adjuster in grease. Without a lot of grease on it, every time you drive through a puddle/wash the car, water will get into the adjuster eventually making it more difficult to perform/operate.

Heavy wheel bearing grease works good. Cake it all over the threads to prevent water from entering into the threaded portion of the adjuster.

"cmayna" said:
Mid is getting old for he didn't notice the color of the lower springs not being original.
I've never seen an original lower spring, so I wouldn't know if it wasn't supposed to be blue. Mine are. What color should they be?

Just pullin' your choo choo my friend. I have no idea what they should be and frankly Scarlet.................They were a lighter blue but I had to heat up and reshape one of the ends on both springs and afterwards shot it the darker Ford blue that matches Red's engine color.

Back