• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shelby Raise

mmw68

So, This weekend I finally installed my rear suspension, but noticed I had a front rake. So I decided to cut my coil springs a inch.

While I was at it - My friend pointed out that I did not have enough camber and something was not right with the front wheels. I shot John (OPR) a e-mail and he surprised me with a phone call this morning. While I had him on the phone I crawled under the car to look at the suspension and tell him what I saw.

Would you believe the hot rod shop rised the suspension - Iam guessing the did not follow the directions of UCA template. Iam headed over there now to speak with them! I can't believe I did not notice this months ago, but with the engine out, It just was not on my mind.

No wonder everything was off!! Some pictures for your enjoyment.

shelby_raise.jpg

camber.jpg

Wow! On other places people would be up in arms, just because of the terms you used. So in honor of that they did a Klausterpuck job of your Arning drop. ;DC:)

Hope they do the right thing and correct their mistake. I'd ask John if for strength issues should they weld the incorrect holes up?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I couldn't fix your brakes so I made your horn louder.

In all seriousness....if they moved the mount point up at the upper arm and the lower arm as it appears you would net out lower than stock ride height.

I would see if they will spring for a new set of front coil springs also. The front may sit too low now that you will be dropping the UCA down 2 inches.

It looks like the old saying is true - if you want anything done right - do it your self!

SO I just got back from the hot rod shop, They totally blew me off!!! :rant I explained the situation to the front office gal/mgr. (owner's daughter) It was all very polite, and at the end of our conversation I asked to speak to the owner or head mechanic who did the work, so she went to go get them. After a few minutes, she returned and told me they where busy, and asked if I could bring the car in Friday.

Friday - really???

WOW - Talk about poor customer service, really - they are so busy they can't take a 5 minute break, or ask me to wait a few minites because maybe they where in the middle of something? I've was told buy a few friends that they had a little attitude in this shop, but wow. Iam not waiting another week, just so they can come up with some lame excuse not to fix it. Guess I need to go order some springs.. :soapboxrant

Is it possible that they did drill the holes lower than stock, but simply put the UCA in the upper holes? Or...did they really drill the holes higher than stock? It sure looks like the latter, given the witness marks between the two open holes.

Holey Sheiss!

I can just see it now;

Hey Bob, this guy wants a "drop" in the suspension, so I need to raise the arm up, right? Yeah, the arms have to move up to drop the car.

Completely misunderstood what the Arning "drop" really does. I've worked with this type of ill-logic my whole life.

Wow...

Since this a thread about stupidity, I've got a question. Are the UCA's and LCA's side specific?

Bill

Update - got a very nice Voice mail from the hot rod shop owner. Said it was a crazy Monday, and they will take care of me... I'll know more on Tuesday when I talk to him personally.

Good... I would have the extra holes welded up just because....if for no other reason.

"67 Fastback" said:
Wow...

Since this a thread about stupidity, I've got a question. Are the UCA's and LCA's side specific?

Bill

Since nobody noticed your question(must learn their secret handshake) No the UCA and LCA are no side specific. I must learn the secret handshake also apparently

"6t6red" said:
Since nobody noticed your question(must learn their secret handshake) No the UCA and LCA are no side specific. I must learn the secret handshake also apparently

LOL thanks.
Bill

"6t6red" said:

But remember, the UCA go on the top and LCA go on the bottom...

Well - it looks as if we are going to have a happy ending to this story. I took the Mustang over to the hot rod shop, and they where very embarrassed. I showed them the ORP instructions, and they are going to wield up the holes, remount the suspension, and have it realined. I should have it back for the weekend.

Also - big thanks to John @ORP, he went out of his way to make sure we have a new set of coils buy Thursday for the install! :pbj

We like happy endings. I am glad the shop is going to step up and fix it. Your very welcome for the help. Thank you for your business.

"Opentracker" said:
We like happy endings. I am glad the shop is going to step up and fix it. Your very welcome for the help. Thank you for your business.

Why did this just pop in my head?

Bartles%20and%20James%20Parrot.jpg

Back