• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Show me your tach please ; )

Dne'

Howdy! this is a continuation of "ideas for a tach" in my '67 stang. I'm not going to go into detail of why I want a tach~ I'd just like one within the next few DAYS! lol
If you please, could you post a photo of your tach whether it be a factory or aftermarket?
Thank you thank you!
dne'

Total over kill for the street (and it is on an automatic) but the PO was going to race it. It is fun when the shift light glares at you...
Silver66014jpg.jpg

Autometer Phantom's in an aftermarket cluster.

3_07_09_08_6_05_07_1.JPG

My son's '68 has a nicer one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, I'm scrolling up and down looking at the fabulous dashes! :10 I like the multiple guage look like in Dave's and 70_fastbacks, kind of reminds me of the instrument panel of an airplane. I guess out of simplicity, just replacing my clock with an rpm would be ok~ just seems like there's not a lot of room in the '67 dash. Janschutz is probably what I should aim for~my lights are red, but not nearly as brilliant as his! I like that green glow! I may have the white background for the rpm in the white face kit that I bought~ have to dig it up and see what else was in the bag. But the autometers~ omg~!!
I hope to see more~ this is fun seeing ya'lls work!

I'm not going to buy this, but does anyone have a hood tach?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dixco-Hood-Tach-8-000-RPM-Tachometer-Made-1969-70-71-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cadd046f2QQitemZ260614145778QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

IMG_7890.jpg

Post more dash pics! :ecit This thread is giving me ideas for my own gauge setup.

My totally awesome tach... :amaz Yes, my 66 coupe is an automatic.. Sort of. No there is no speedometer! Of course I'm sure you won't want anything like I have. I don't even like it. LOL
IMG_3871.jpg

"Kats66Pny" said:
Post more dash pics! :ecit This thread is giving me ideas for my own gauge setup.

My totally awesome tach... :amaz Yes, my 66 coupe is an automatic.. Sort of. No there is no speedometer! Of course I'm sure you won't want anything like I have. I don't even like it. LOL
IMG_3871.jpg

Cars made for the track don't have speedometers. They rely on the tachometer solely, so it seems yours was set up for the track!

Not a very good close up but it is the best I can do right now.
IMG_5496.jpg

Here is one out of the car.
March2008022.jpg

Not a good close up either but it's the only pic I have that shows the tach. Old school Sun Tach mounted on the transmission tunnel in front of the shifter.
25500840175_large.jpg

I don't have a pic, but mine is set up like 70 StangMan except it's on the right side of the column, instead of the left.

This was my previous '66. Got the entire setup from a guy north of Phoenix, Az, Cannot locate him now. Last I saw, he was only selling the bezel without gauges.It was an easy install as it came with good instructions and a ready to go harness.
100_9577.jpg

Imagination please

I bought this console assembly a while back, I don't know what it came out of, but looked like it would work, and I believe it will. The door works well, but I was thinking(thinking mind you) taking the door assembly out(a couple screws hold it in place and comes out as an assembly) and making a solid piece of something there and mount a larger tach where the coil up door was. I would paint the long aluminum part the same color as my stang. I could mount a nice tach there, but would be a while before that console would ever be mounted permanently. Again, this is just an idea that I have.(actually I had forgotten all about the console).
dne'

aconsole.jpg

Here's mine. Still sitting in the box with the rest of my new engine parts. The machine shop called and collected my money so all I have to do is go pick it up.
I'm tied up for another week before I can start putting it back together.

atm-880083_w.jpg

Randy, I would expect you to have something cool like that :10 You're the Guru of Mustangs, a Ninja of Mustangs, a Master! But, where will you place it?

"Sluggo" said:
Here's mine. Still sitting in the box with the rest of my new engine parts. The machine shop called and collected my money so all I have to do is go pick it up.
I'm tied up for another week before I can start putting it back together.

atm-880083_w.jpg

"Dne'" said:
Randy, I would expect you to have something cool like that :10 You're the Guru of Mustangs, a Ninja of Mustangs, a Master! But, where will you place it?

I'm sure there are those that would argue your accolades :nk

I have not decided where to mount it yet. Most likely on the column.

Back