• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Site design suggestion...

Starfury

At the bottom of a thread page there are links that say 'previous' and 'next'. Logically, these would be the previous and next pages in the thread. Illogically, these are actually links to the previous and next threads. A couple times now I've managed to post a reply in the wrong thread because of this:(

Much better:D

Now...any way to put the forum tree at the bottom of the page as well as the top? I could be unlazy and just scroll back to the top of the page...but face it, I'm lazy:p

I'm sure we'll see constant tweaking here and there as needed but so far so good. Now let's get the home page up and running.

"Waffles" said:
Yea, but preferrably without pics of sanborn on it... we're not trying to drive new members AWAY...

Dang, I think you're gonna fit right in

"Starfury" said:
Much better:D

Now...any way to put the forum tree at the bottom of the page as well as the top? I could be unlazy and just scroll back to the top of the page...but face it, I'm lazy:p

One or the other, whatta think this is utopia?

Yea, but preferrably without pics of sanborn on it... we're not trying to drive new members AWAY...

No shit. Doesnt that guy look like a real alki. I mean come on man. At least wear a rebel flag on your shirt so that you can fit the part. :laugh:

I still am having problems finding new posts on a thread...there's not a good way of determining it, except by examining the date/time stamp and seeing if it later than the last time I logged in. When a thread has multiple pages, I don't know whether to go to the first or second page to continue reading the thread since the last time I checked in.

I don't see a new icon anywhere. I do see "Show unread posts since your last visit", but that just takes me to a thread, I think. Lemme check it out and get back with you....

Ahhh! The little "new" icon in the listing of the thread on the forum. Got it! Thank you very much!!!!!

Going great. I would like to see the feature that allows you to "preview" a post before clicking on it. I think that Brian guy from the other forum could help.............holy shit what was that...........(ducking and running)........it was a joke, a joke I say!!!

"blue65coupe" said:
Going great. I would like to see the feature that allows you to "preview" a post before clicking on it. I think that Brian guy from the other forum could help.............holy chit what was that...........(ducking and running)........it was a joke, a joke I say!!!

+1

Maybe that feature is already here, and we just need to active some check box???... Is the preview feature available?

There is a PREVIEW button right next to the Post button. You can also hit Alt P to preview

When replying to a post, you have 3 options for proceeding: Post, Preview, and (gulp!) Spell Check. I'll bet Preview works...and indeed it does. You typically have to scroll up to see the previewed post.

"PatMeGroin" said:
There is a PREVIEW button right next to the Post button. You can also hit Alt P to preview

Yep, I saw that, but what I'm talking about is the "preview" feature that automatically activates when you run your cursor over the post topic, which shows the first couple of lines of the original post.

"Midlife" said:
I still am having problems finding new posts on a thread...there's not a good way of determining it, except by examining the date/time stamp and seeing if it later than the last time I logged in. When a thread has multiple pages, I don't know whether to go to the first or second page to continue reading the thread since the last time I checked in.

I'll break it down farther for you genius.

See this in the main index?
on.gif
That means new posts. If you click it it shows you ONLY new posts.
See this one:
off.gif
That means no new posts.

Simplified enough?

"Sluggo" said:
"Midlife" said:

I'll break it down farther for you genius.

See this in the main index?
on.gif
That means new posts. If you click it it shows you ONLY new posts.
See this one:
off.gif
That means no new posts.

Simplified enough?

I figured that out quickly enough, but that wasn't my problem. Going into a forum showed which threads had new postings added to them, but just clicking on the thread took me to the top of the thread. So...where is the next post on that thread that I hadn't read? Fast68back pointed out that if you click on the"new" icon immediately to the right of the thread listing on the forum page, that took you to the point where you left off the previous time you looked at the thread.

Back