• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So How Cold Is It?

Most of the schools here are canceled for today. I of course still have to go to work.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

No doubt its cold but as usual the lame stream media had worked everyone up into a frenzy for no reason.
All schools are cancelled around us but i made it to the airport with no issues. The temp is already above what they predicted as the high. Its was 9*F according to my car.

It is -15 locally (new record low) and the high temp for today is expected to be a new record low---yeah!

I grew up in western Iowa and never remember the schools closing because of the cold. I do remember many days of well below 0 and my Dad clearing the road for the bus and even towing it to the next farm to trade off. They only closed if the buses could not get out of the school. .......but it was up hill only one way. How things change....

Yesterday went out for lunch noticing that most of the patrons were wearing shorts and T's.

WTF? You'd think we live in Californica. :thum

"AzPete" said:
I grew up in western Iowa and never remember the schools closing because of the cold. I do remember many days of well below 0 and my Dad clearing the road for the bus and even towing it to the next farm to trade off. They only closed if the buses could not get out of the school. .......but it was up hill only one way. How things change....

Kids are coddled to much now. Schools never closed much when I was younger either.

It's only -16 this morning, without the wind chill.
ytu6yte5.jpg

I stayed home from work today. Ten hours outside with below zero wind chill did not sound like a good way to spend the day to me. Same for tomorrow. Wednesday I have a dentist appointment, so no work that day. Thur., Fri., Sat. looks like rain, so might not work those days either. Oh, well! :beer

I just found a couple of businesses are closing tomorrow because it will be in the 20-30's all day. Small shops that only use space heaters saying it is to cold to work....(Hey Mid, one is Lamars)..... Military never stopped working for the weather when I was in...sigh.....

"RapidRabbit" said:
"AzPete" said:

Kids are coddled to much now. Schools never closed much when I was younger either.

ytu6yte5.jpg

The temperature out is -17 according to what my buddy said his truck thermometer read---it is too cold for me to go out and snap a pic of it--looks like -16 is the leader so far!

I had no choice but to go out today. My store is still open. I haven't had a single customer in yet.

Daycare just called and said my daughter threw up at lunch and I can't even leave to go get her.

I got a phone call yesterday from my high school saying the school would be closed today and I didn't have to come to class.

Well that news is just 42 years too late.

Spent part of the day at work throwing hot water and coffee into the air outside and watching it freeze and turn to snow in mid-air. :yah

"Flysure1" said:
"RapidRabbit" said:
"AzPete" said:

ytu6yte5.jpg

The temperature out is -17 according to what my buddy said his truck thermometer read---it is too cold for me to go out and snap a pic of it--looks like -16 is the leader so far!

Hey now...I am calling foul....Pat is the one who started this competition, he can't win it! Oh and it's mid 60's here today, I lose! :yah

"kb3" said:
"Flysure1" said:
"RapidRabbit" said:
"AzPete" said:

ytu6yte5.jpg

Hey now...I am calling foul....Pat is the one who started this competition, he can't win it! Oh and it's mid 60's here today, I lose! :yah

Trust me, I don't want to win it. I'm hoping someone will make me feel better about this miserable cold by being colder than it is here.

The only thing worse than the cold weather in Illinois (-11 without windchill this a.m.) is the fact that my plane ticket out of here for southern California is currently worthless as they keep cancelling all my flights options. Already have lost one day and currently looks like if today's flight does go I still won't arrive until late tonight. So much for squeezing in a Disneyland visit with my youngest. :rant

Snapped this on my way in to work at 7am.

1389101438_zps508e9ddd.jpg

Far too cold to be out climbing poles and fixing phones :hide

Bill

Back