• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Some Aussie Inspriation

What's the deal with all the four doors? And just about every car is an automatic. Is Australia hot rodding limited to old men or something down there?

Some interesting looking vehicles for sure. Not a fan of some of the wilder, ultra modern looking interiors but lots of cool engines.

What's the deal with all the four doors? And just about every car is an automatic. Is Australia hot rodding limited to old men or something down there?

We are all getting old mate. There weren't really that many 2 door Aussie cars built. Ford had a XM, and XA coupes Chrysler had the valiant and charger, and Holden (GM) had the Torana and Monaro.

These are high $$$ builds and most push between 500 to 1000hp so going auto saves around 10K. Keep in mind everything we do cost us around 3 times as much as it does in the US.

I know you're going to hate it, but this is my favorite. The quality of workmanship is next level.

chev-camaro-2.jpg

Last edited:
Aside from being a Camaro, why would I not like that white car. It is really sharp and well done. There are a ton of REALLY nice cars in those links. Personally, I found a few of the old panel type trucks awesome. Also, a number of the Aussie specific cars (with 2 doors! lol).

And as far as old goes, I don't care if I'm 90, if it has 4 doors or doesn't have three pedals got no use for it. At least in terms of my toys. It's enough effort making a single pair of door panels.

Growing up here we all needed 4 door cars so we could fit in our mates. Seriously though, i never gave a shit about the number of doors, i either loved the car or i didnt.
I started with an EH Panel van, then a 63 Valiant sedan, then a 69 Holden sedan, then my 72 XA Gt coupe. No brand allegiance as long as it was Ford, GMH or Chrysler. Loved the few Mustang Coupes i saw locally. Never saw a Fartback and they still do nothing for me now.

FB pics...not a fan of the offset wheels on the Mustang...nor the sun shade.

Its funny to me seeing all the variety but there seem to be two camps. The one group is fairly true to the "American" style of hotrod and the other has a very unique "Aussie" flair. In point, that EH car is about as ugly a thing as I've seen but you guys seem to love it. It's right there with some of the early 60's Mopars. Power to ya!

When you have to pay triple the amount , you take want you can get.
I have to pay double.
And....those aussies love power !!! They are badass.
Look up some classic racing at Bathurst !!
They don't hesitate to "rub" each other to get there position !
Mate !

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Back