• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Spec Clutch

I installed a Spec Stage 1 clutch in my 65 302 last year. After installing it grabbed very badly. Remember how it was the first time you tried to drive a straight drive. Exactly like that. I called Spec immediately and was told it would take up to 1,000 miles to break-in. Drove it another 300 miles and could not take it so I called Spec back. Got into a small argument this time when I was told it was my problem and they sold a lot of clutches. Tried it again for about 100 miles and finally gave up and bought the new, lightweight [----] Racing clutch. Worked great from day 1. Shipped the clutch back to Spec at my cost and told them it was trash. Never heard anything so I called and talked with someone with more sense this time who was a little more responsive and was told the unit was bad. Never offer one to replace it or refund a cent. If their clutch was free I would not take it. The [----] Racing clutch is great. I hope this is within the parameters. I hate anyone else to deal with a company that honestly does not care and feels they are always right.

Modified by Midlife.

Back