• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Spent some time in her rear today

ko67

I bought a coupe carpet set and modified it to fit the vert trunk. Much better than the dynamat and plaid vinyl. Looks better than the picture.

46fb6871-ee6d-4b01.jpg

Looks good! Was it worth the price to buy the kit or did you have the feeling that you could have done it much cheaper by yourself? I like the original plaid trunk mat but I would like to make it a little thicker and also do something to hide the wheel wells.

"TheDude" said:
Looks good! Was it worth the price to buy the kit or did you have the feeling that you could have done it much cheaper by yourself? I like the original plaid trunk mat but I would like to make it a little thicker and also do something to hide the wheel wells.

There us no way I could have made it look this way without the kit. The visible edges are whipped edged like a rug or a floor mat. There are also relief cuts a nd seams to make it fit. The pieces are formed like an interior carpet set and the side pieces are baked with cardboard. This set was about $220. I think a diy job would look like it. Thus looks like factory work once you fidget with the fit. The vert trunk us different in the front due to the top well and i had to trim it.

Back