• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Steering Wheel Pics Request

68stang289

I tried searching ebay and some of the pictures on here but couldn't find what I was looking for. Anyone use a wheel different than the rimblow in 69/70 with deluxe interior and could post up a picture or two? Aftermarket or factory (like the 2 spoke with pad style).

Here is the wheel I have. I really don't like it and I am planning on replacing it.

DSC00578.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And I'm sold. Where does one purchase such a fine piece of crapsmanship? And where do I get my hands on one of those consoles?!

This is what I did in my '70:
023.jpg

Just a basic ol' wood Grant wheel that I had Wheelskins custom make a black leather wrap for.
Though not in a deluxe interior, I think it has a vintage/sporty look that matches that car pretty well. You could always do a colour-matched wrap to class things up a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I like that black leather wrap. I was looking for one for my Moto-Lita mahogany wheel. I'll check out WheelSkins.

Here is mine. It is a grant signature wheel with the billet polished hub spacer behind it. The grant wheels come with a rubber cover for the stamped metal mounting hub which looks really cheap in my opinion. The billet hub spacer looks much better, but adds $60 to the cost. By the time you buy the wheel, the hub, the mounting kit and decent looking screws to replace the crappy black socket head machine screws that come with the kit, you are really close the to cost of a motolita or LeCarra from Ebay. THese Grant signature wheels are better quality than their others, but If I had it to do again, I would go with a Motolita or LeCarra for a few bucks more.

I really like that LeCarra actually. I have had Grant's in the past and always had trouble with the horn assembly staying together so I don't know that I want to go with another Grant.

Grant Sig. with a new horn button. This style Grant has no problem with the horn button.
unload079.jpg

This was the original look before the button change.
unload075.jpg

That one isn't too bad either. I like the changed out horn button a lot better too. I do love are those gauges though. What kind are they?

Here's an old pic of my Moto-Lita wheel with a quick disconnect.

6671600073_large.jpg

Back