• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

swapping 6 to 8..in need of parts

also mel you said you have some exhaust manifolds. Anyone have a radiator or anything else.. any help is greatly appreciated

I have an extra radiator but it is for a 67-68. I do not know if it will fit a 65-66. If so, I will send it with the engine

The 67-8 radiator is bigger. I have the one I took out of my 65. It may need the core rotted out.

Where are you so I can start to get parts to you.

I am going to San Diego when I get back from this trip to South Dakota.

Mel

I am actually in Nashviile area. I am an hr from jonk and from craig. Clarksville Tn./Fort Campbell . I can pm you my address

"fordrule" said:
I am actually in Nashviile area. I am an hr from jonk and from craig. Clarksville Tn./Fort Campbell . I can pm you my address
and all this time I thought you were in Iraq.... :lol

lol you are funny craig..I am almost home...already got all of my stuff packed up. ....I might actually have a line on a 65 GT suspension/steering and brakes... hivewax(loren) and I might be hooking up.. Craig you got any plans lol...wanna do a roadtrip or know of anyone we can use for a dropship with freight shipping? might be cheaper than a roadtrip

I have a C4, some misc. pulleys and brackets, trim pieces an oil pan for a 289, sheesh, I have so much stuff. I have some power steering parts, I need to install on the 67 and some disc brake parts for the 67 and some hoods....I have some boxes I need to go through just to see what I have. I have a knee knocker AC unit, condenser....and ???? who knows.

Mel

thanks mel. let me know what else you find. I am actually going to be selling my C4 that is in mine to one of my pilots that has a 65 fastback and he wants a drag it..I am leaning towards aod or t-5

well my C4 (well craigs C4..from the drag car..we traded) is on EBAY so hopefully it sells so I can fund some new projects..I have 68 housings that I am going to need to sell or trade off. I am getting 66 disc spindles from hivewax. I just got a 65-6 v8/accelerator pedal/throttle linkage, I also got a NOS ac delco waterpump for .99 from ebay...

I got this from the 1980 motor sale I got from janshultz
"janschutz" said:
I am also supplying

Intake
front oil pump and pan
water pump and pulley
coil and mount
valve covers (need more bolts to hold them on)
Alternator and brackets
spark plugs (used)

I also have a radiator but I do not know if it will fit a 65-66 since it came out of my 68.

Things I now it needs
exhaust manifolds
distributor
crank pulley
carburetor
plug wires (I have an old set with a distributor cap, but they are just my emergency wires)
motor mounts (I have a passenger side he can have)

"janschutz" said:
Updated the pictures of the engine to show what is on it.

Needs correct bolt and spaced for alternator, bolts for valve covers and to mount dipstick tube. Need Return heater hose elbow for intake.
Eng3.jpg

Need crank pulley, fuel pump, temp ending unit, carb, Radiator hoses, fan and space. Have water pump pulley to put on.
Eng4.jpg

You need valve cover gaskets and I would also replace the front seal.

just need the rest

Last edited by a moderator:
well got a 740CFM holley 4bbl the PO Upgraded the secondary metering plate to a metering block so you can tune the secondaries with replacable jets instead of replacing the entire plate. Vacuum secondaries and electric choke in good working order. Dual Fuel inlet as well.

I guess I need the duel inlet fuel line and a jet kit to help tune her..I will probably need a spacer and gaskets..I am not sure if its a 4150 or 4160

here is some pics off of ebay
kgrhquokowe1z5yudkkbnp5.jpg

kgrhquokjme1fqudzbbnp5b.jpg

I found a dizzy, oil pan, two belt pully alternator, a chrome pan new in the box for a C4 and I have a C4 sitting here that came out of the 65. I have a 65 hood, a couple holley carbs, an old edlebrock air cleaner (needs serious polishing) Black steering wheel, sweep dash cluster, front grill horse and corral and wings for the 65 and I am still digging around.

Mel

Back