• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

t-5 question

SELLERSRODSHOP

anybody know if a t-5 out of a 2000 mustang 3.8 will fit up to a 5.0? i know the torque rating is less, but mainly using this as a temp/mockup piece since my good world class model cooked in the fire :shrug as soon as i get the shop sorted out, i want to get my disc brakes on & start my t-5 swap. i figure if a v-6 will work short term, i can get on the road temporarily while looking for another v-8 trans then use it to set up the 5.0 in the tr4

I thought they were the same torque rating for those years... It's the pilot shaft that you have to change to get those to fit a 5.0 IIRC

If you change the input shaft to a fox body 5.0 t5 and use the fox body t5 bellhousing, then it is the same exact transmission with the same torque rating. I have heard of people using the 3.8 bell and leaving the transmission alone. It puts it a touch further back in the tunnel, but it does work.
Bill

For all of that effort, I don't see why you wouldn't just find one out of an 87-93 5.0. They're all over the place.

Today's V-6 Mustangs sports the last of the T-5s. The T-5 behind the 3.8L is a 3.35 first gear set with a .68 over drive. What makes these different from the rest is the electronic speedometer trigger. No longer is there a mechanical driven cable system. It has the longer input shaft equipped with a steel front bearing retainer and reverse synchro brake assembly. Torque rating is 300ft/lbs.

^^^ that's why... plus it more than likely wasn't abused behind a 6 cyl car

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5 ... t-t5s.html

Back