• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Think I may have unexpectedly found my next project car... pics

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
We went over to the GF's Dad's house last night; and first, I guess they have always had this car sitting there, just covered with a tarp and I never paid any attention to it. Well, Bonnie's step-mom had it uncovered last night and told me she wants to sell it. Rather cheeply too... :toot

It's a '49 Hudson. AMAZING condition, except the top and deck lid has surface rust from the damn plastic tarp, other wise it's in amazing condition. You should see the CHROME on this thing - it looks BRAND new for the most part! I looked underneath it as best I could and it looks solid as all get out. Massive "X" frame body looks clean.

I am really leaning hard towards buying it. My initial thought was to buy it and flip it, but others have spoken up and indirectly told me I'm a douche bag if I do that :hmm

Anyway, I think I am going to buy it - she has title in hand and everything.

And all I had was my cell last night for pics:

26_19_06_09_12_11_35_0.jpg

26_19_06_09_12_11_36_1.jpg

26_19_06_09_12_11_36_2.jpg

26_19_06_09_12_11_36_3.jpg

26_19_06_09_12_11_36_4.jpg

26_19_06_09_12_12_37_0.jpg

26_19_06_09_12_12_37_1.jpg

26_19_06_09_12_12_37_2.jpg

26_19_06_09_12_12_37_3.jpg

What'cha think?

Last edited by a moderator:
You should add a horn with Paul Newman talking :rofl

If you buy it which car sits outside?

Awesome tank. For sure buy it, drive it, and dare anyone to think about stepping in front of you.

Chopped, channeled, and frenched and you could go right back to cruisin' the 50's.

wow, that looks like a really straight and solid car.
somebody needs to give that car a little TLC and put it back on the road where it belongs.

Bigger question is...what were you doing at the GF's DAD's house? Asking him a question??

:boo

My initial thought was to buy it and flip it, but others have spoken up and indirectly told me I'm a douche bag if I do that Hmmm

Agree 100%. If you want to stay on the good side of Bonnie's family, don't flip it! That car is primed for a near-concours restoration. Even chopping it would be a crying shame, although better than letting it rust. Please, save this car!

Typical prices from 3-4 years ago ranged from $2-6k in so-so condition; up to $30k for a very good condition Hudson.

You have not pulled the trigger yet? :wtf are you waiting for, Me to come show you how to drive it?

"AzPete" said:
I would have had a hard time going home without it from the first time seeing it.

Wait til the retard tells you the price! You'll prolly soil Mid's drawers. (if he hasn't already)

"Midlife" said:
Agree 100%. If you want to stay on the good side of Bonnie's family, don't flip it! That car is primed for a near-concours restoration. Even chopping it would be a crying shame, although better than letting it rust. Please, save this car!

Typical prices from 3-4 years ago ranged from $2-6k in so-so condition; up to $30k for a very good condition Hudson.

I would do a concours on it Mid.

Wow, that almost hurt to say... :headac

Back