• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

This is a first ... Maverick roller idler arm

Opentracker

I get asked a lot to do custom one-off work for people. This was a first. I have never seen or herd of a roller idler for a Maverick. Given the odd bushing they have I can understand why. It's not like the Falcon or Mustang. The inside of the arm has a taper to it so it took quite a bit of machine work. I could have either machined the arm or the roller kit. Since I had never done or seen one before, I chose to machine the roller kit so I wouldn't mess up the arm if it didn't work. I had to turn down the (chevy) bearing cups to fit inside the arm, took about an hour. It turned out nice, looks almost stock. Had to share, might be the only one on the planet. And NO ... I won't tell the customer that his Mav. will have GM parts on it.

mavidler.JPG

Thanks - I do get tired of the same old roller & racing stuff. It's projects like this that make ORP not so borring and a little more fun. Now I get to make roller perches for the rest of the day ... Ho - Hum ... :vio

Nice work for sure. Now, some day the owner will be searching the net for something Maverick related and up pops this post......"oh crap, I got Chevy parts!".....and John's phone rings..... :rofl :rofl :rofl

Back