• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Throw-out bearing!!!

tarafied1

My wife called me while I was away and said " the car makes a horrible screeching sound when I push in the clutch". She then held the phone so I can hear it. Yep, sounds like a throw-out bearing.
Started on it today. Took a pic with the cable cover off. Looks like a bad throw-out bearing. Yippie!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414706592.367893.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tarafied1

That is a rare sighting. A youngin' helping his dad fix the car. Nicely done, Craig.
thanks, he has been pretty good about helping me. He helped put the rear brakes on it, he helped me put a starter on the 72 Chevy, he also wanted to help when I took the Holley apart to clean it. He wanted to put it back together, so I coached him on that too.
In fact the reason I haven't done it already (the clutch) is because he wanted to be involved and he had a lot going on with school.

tarafied1

Man, i do not want to wrestle this pig back in. And its supposed to be cold this weekend!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415663441.132628.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FalkenXC

Resident Late Model Gearhead
His son here- I guess this is happening today. Far too cold, thank goodness we have a garage heater coming in!