• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Throw-out bearing!!!

tarafied1

My wife called me while I was away and said " the car makes a horrible screeching sound when I push in the clutch". She then held the phone so I can hear it. Yep, sounds like a throw-out bearing.
Started on it today. Took a pic with the cable cover off. Looks like a bad throw-out bearing. Yippie!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414706592.367893.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a rare sighting. A youngin' helping his dad fix the car. Nicely done, Craig.
thanks, he has been pretty good about helping me. He helped put the rear brakes on it, he helped me put a starter on the 72 Chevy, he also wanted to help when I took the Holley apart to clean it. He wanted to put it back together, so I coached him on that too.
In fact the reason I haven't done it already (the clutch) is because he wanted to be involved and he had a lot going on with school.

Man, i do not want to wrestle this pig back in. And its supposed to be cold this weekend!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415663441.132628.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His son here- I guess this is happening today. Far too cold, thank goodness we have a garage heater coming in!

Back