• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tools That You will Loan

A

Anonymous

I was wondering. If another member needed a tool would you loan it and if so which ones. I have a Triumph motorcycle that has unique tools required to adjust the valves and head nuts. I also had to drill out my existing mufflers which requires special extensions. I have purchased those tools and on occasion I have mailed them to forum members and when they get done they usually mail them back. I have had to borrow tools in this manner a few times as well. Would any of you be interested in posting unique tools that can be loaned.

At present I have the usual tools but I just purchased a snap on distributer 1/2" wrench that actually works getting into the adjustment nut. On loan if needed.

"Fordication" said:
I have purchased those tools and on occasion I have mailed them to forum members and when they get done they usually mail them back.

Usually? What do you do when they dont send them back? Unless its a real expensive tool, it would seem to be cheaper to buy one rather than mail and return, shipping rates are high as hell right now.

I can appreciate this idea, but I heardly think I have any tools that most of you don't... I just have basic craftsman shit, which i like alot, but I'm pretty sure someone could ship me their mig welder if they want to.

Well I meant that all of the tools borrowed got returned in good condition. I should watch that in the future

"I have a MIG you could borrow Waffles."

Now that was funny.

Re:ToolsThatYouwillLoan

Haha I appreciate it, but once I've paid for shipping to an from, I could just go buy one from HF. :)

We'll see though! I havent welded in years. I was good At Oxy/Ace and arc but have never mig welded. I'll need some guidance, I think... I hear its extremely easy.

There where I got mine(HF). And it is very easy to pick up.

I loan out the following "tools" on a regular basis.... they're gone, more than they're here it seems.... I'll call the guy that borrowed it and it turns out his friend has it, but it's loaned out to his nephew. Sometimes it's a PITA when I actually need to use my own stuff.

If anybody wants me to mail these items, hey whatever, it's your money....

Engine hoist... currently on loan
Engine stands.... 2 in stock, 1 on loan
Car Dolly..... in stock!
16' Car hauler..... on loan
'04 Hemi Dodge Pickup..... on loan

Ahh, he's got plenty. I'll send you directions and you can just drive on down there and pick up what you need. He's cool like that.

Alright good. I kinda figured as much. Thanks for the pm with his address, I'll probably leave tomorrow around noon.

Back