• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tranny took a Sh*t in the '07.

70 StangMan

Donator
Well the auto transmission in the '07 GT took a dive yesterday out of the blue. The wife pulled in the driveway fine and later would not go in reverse. She drives it the most and after pulling in and not being able to back out she calls and say's "something's wrong with the car...fix it" After I ask if there had been any strange noises or shifting issues she say's " yea, but if I told you you would just get mad" So she just kept on driving it till it died. After checking around on the web apparently this is not that uncommon for '06/'07. Won't stay in any forward gear for long either. :rant Anybody have any trouble with there's or know what it might be other than catastrophic failure ?? Shop say's $2100-$2400 just depends.

All of Ford's transmissions of that era seem to do the same thing. My company 08 Ranger had the same exact problem. After a new transmission the problem is solved.

I doubt it will last very long though, it has started some quick shifting in the higher gears. I just don't like that era autos. I'll take a good manual any day of the week.

Mel

I have not been impressed with "modern" Ford transmissions. I have 5 speed manual in my 07 GT :thum

fd

Well got the GT back from the transmission shop on Friday. $2400 dollars later she's shifting again. :bomb

"70 StangMan" said:
Well got the GT back from the transmission shop on Friday. $2400 dollars later she's shifting again. :bomb

$2400 how close is that to the cost of the automatic transmission option when the Mustang is new? Manual transmission $0 or as it is also called standard transmission. But I will assume since it is the SWMBO Mustang and a daily driver auto is easier to drive. I sit in hours of traffic almost every day for work and would not want drive a stick work truck.

But glad to hear the GT is back on the road again...

fd

The window sticker for my 08 Gt Vert shows $645 as the upgrade cost for the automatic......of course, there is also the trade in of the manual setup. We all know how much of a deal that works out.

Back