• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tried to trade wifes suv

Flysure1

I looked at a couple of suv's lately kicking around trading, the wifes 06 mazda tribute has 66,000 miles on it so I looked at a couple of similar vehicles, I was offered 7500 for it on a 09 mariner and 6,000 for it on a new 08 $33,000 sante fe--this car of hers is still pretty nice, no dings/scratches, new tires at 50,000 miles-clean---I see why the auto industry is tanking.

My daughter found the same thing. Was thinking of trading her '05 Mountaineer with 40,000 miles. She was offered $8000 on a new $35,000 Mountaineer. As she walked off laughing, the sales man was still trying to throw out numbers. She never went back, put on a pair of tires and kept on driving.

What really burns my a$$ is that I read on msn homepage how used car sales were soaring, then you read the crap about help the economy--spend some money, yeah, it was hard not to get loud, I must be getting soft in my old age!

Back