• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

UK Eleanor being built.

67Rob

Hope this is of interest to some of you. The thread shows how Phil King has managed to make an ill fitting kit work on the donor car. The car and kit aren't his choice, he has been commissioned to do the work.
Phil is highly respected in the UK as his finished projects are stunning and he works at an incredibly fast rate without compromising quality. I will post up some pics of his other projects later.

http://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25995

Update so far.

SDC11087.jpg

SDC11091.jpg

SDC11093.jpg

SDC11098.jpg

SDC11102.jpg

SDC11109.jpg

SDC11111.jpg

SDC11113.jpg

SDC11129.jpg

SDC11139.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fast68back" said:
Lookin nice! :nice Are teh scoops soild or taped off?

SDC11139.jpg

At the moment they are solid. I spoke to Phil about this last Friday and he is going to to the same as me - drill small ventilation holes in the upper scoops and then paint the upper and lower scoop 'inserts' matt black to look as if they are open.

eleanorpics1010-1.jpg

Finally after a lot of hard work the car is painted. These pics were taken before the final clear coat was applied to the hood, roof and trunk rear light areas.

It still needs to be wet sanded and then polished but I'm really pleased with the final result. Although you can't see it in the pics the stripes are a pearl black. It took me pretty much all day Friday to get the dimensions on the stripes correct and straight.

Phil

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01658.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01659.jpg

DSC01653.jpg

DSC01664.jpg

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

DSC01679.jpg

DSC01676.jpg

This isn't my car.
My friend is building 5 of them for a client and this is the first one. I'll post up the build of mine in a separate thread and link it to here.

"67Rob" said:
This isn't my car.
My friend is building 5 of them for a client and this is the first one. I'll post up the build of mine in a separate thread and link it to here.

Rob,
Who is doing the bodywork and the spray job? Do you konw how much Ă‚ÂŁĂ‚ÂŁ they are charging?

Johnny

"Johnny M" said:
Rob,
Who is doing the bodywork and the spray job? Do you konw how much Ă‚ÂŁĂ‚ÂŁ they are charging?

Johnny

Hi Johnny, the guy building this is a friend of mine. You can get a price and reach him through www.philsworkshop.co.uk Tell him that I sent you. :nice

I've spoken to Phil before. I asked him for a price to carry out some works but he never got back to me!!!!!!

Is he doing the spray job also?

"Johnny M" said:
I've spoken to Phil before. I asked him for a price to carry out some works but he never got back to me!!!!!!

Is he doing the spray job also?

I know that he was in a busy transition period when he was setting up his new business. Try calling him again or drop him an email.

The paint work is done by a friend of his as Phil doesn't have his own facilities for this (yet).

Update from Phil.

I finally got the car back from the paint shop and to say I'm pleased with the finish is an understatement. The paint looks stunning when the sun is on it so now it's time to paint the under side and start fitting her up.

Phil

DSC01717.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

DSC01710.jpg

DSC01727.jpg

DSC01730.jpg

DSC01728.jpg

It's been a while but here's the latest from Phil.

Just a quick update. Finally got my teath back into the Eleanor build. All brakes are fitted and plumbed to the bias valve (disc all round), the rear end has been detailed and the diff has had new bearings and shims etc,fuel system is now in the car including the filler cap and the poor fitting fuel pipe which had to be cat unto 3 sections and have 2x 40mm pieces removed so that the fuel wasn't trying to run upwards. The interior has been painted, and the battery box has been fitted into the trunk area. The rear lights have also been fitted and wired but i'm still to fit the remote trunk lid catch, hense the reason it's not sitting flat. The car now has all new suspension components fitted including a rear sway bar. The engine is currently being bored and balanced ready for the build hopefully next week.

Onwards and upwards.

Phil

SDC10126.jpg

SDC10137.jpg

SDC10134.jpg

SDC10416.jpg

SDC10428.jpg

SDC10437.jpg

SDC10432.jpg

SDC10439.jpg

I finally got started with the engine build today, it's a windsor based 427 stroker. Hopefully it'll be in the car next week some time.

Phil

SDC10452.jpg

SDC10459.jpg

SDC10461.jpg

SDC10463.jpg

SDC10472.jpg

SDC10477.jpg

The engines almost finished now. I've just got to measure the pushrod length and once they've been ordered and fitted the top end can go on.

Phil

SDC10491.jpg

SDC10493.jpg

The 427 is nearly finished now. I've just got to run the plug wires and fit the alternator and pulleys and it'll be done. I also fitted the coil over suspension ready for the car to go back on it's wheels once the engine and trans are fitted.

Phil

SDC10515.jpg

SDC10515.jpg

SDC10527.jpg

SDC10543.jpg

SDC10541.jpg

Hey Rob,

It appears that there is a LOT of nice work being done!

Which rear-end is that? An original 8" unit? It appears to be....

... is that rear-end going to hold up to the HP/TQ of the motor?

Back