• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Uncle Vinny

Teebone

This is Toni
With a very heavy heart I need to let you all know that Uncle Vinny
is now with God.

He went in for open heart surgery on April 26th with hopes of getting
the needed kidney transplant to end the 3 years of dialysis

He spent 96 (yes 96) days in the hospital but, unfortunately, due to
other complications his body was not able to tolerate the long stay
lying on his back and facing the ceiling

He left us on Tuesday: July 30th, 2019 at 6:22 pm

I want you all to know that Uncle Vinny got extreme pleasure
and satisfaction these many years being part of the groups
and the friendships he made along the way.

I do not know how to notify the Vintage Mustang forum fellas
since he always had trouble signing in to that forum so would
someone please forward this information along

At this time, I have NO details about a memorial

I'll be lost without him
Toni

I am so sorry for your loss Toni. I am on my mobile now, but booting up the laptop. I will post at the VMF with a pic of uncle Vinny.

Tim

I'm so sorry to hear that. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Toni, I am so sorry. You and Vinny have meant so much to so many. He will be missed so much.

So sad right now.

Mark

Toni:
I am so sorry for you; Uncle Vinny was a true gem and one of a kind. He'd give the shirt off his back for anyone. He will be sorely missed.

You and Uncle Vinny were one of the first Mustangers I met in person at the very first Corn Feed back in 2001. I remember the first post I read of his on VMF: he had a strange noise coming from the front end, somewhat irregular and sounding somewhat metallic. After several days of chasing down what the problem was, he found a small bell attached to the suspension/framerail that was traced to a son that placed it there as a prank. It was quite a thread, and he was humble enough to post it despite obvious embarrassment.

Please accept my condolences to you and the family.

Oh no, he was such a wonderful and special person. He will be missed badly. I am so sorry for your loss.

I call on all his friends here to please celebrate Vinny's life ( That's Vinny with a "Y", as Teebone would always say).

Toni you're knowledge that Vinny was one of the best people in the world will be reinforced when we all get going about our friend.

Michael

Godspeed Uncle Vinny. I’ll always have great memories of you and Toni here at the MBB’s. I always enjoyed our conversations and always laughed at your banter with Toni. I will miss you my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good times, besides Knotts I'd say my best memories with just Vince was he and I driving to Dodgestang's house in Maryland for the Mini-Feed each year for a number of years. Here below is a shot of Vince and Toni and their beloved Gypsy, taken by me when visiting them in North Carolina for Thanksgiving 2011. Whenever I catch myself talking too much I remember Vince and 'bla, bla, bla' :D Rest in peace. Love ya Toni!
Vince_Toni_Gypsy.jpg

And Vinny hated it when we would go to lunch to Portillo's while at Knotts. He just abhorred the food and made it known. Loved those comments. "you eat this shiiiit?" :p

Makes me smile and that is what Vinny always did.:)

I'm so sorry to hear this. You and Vinny always reminded me of my favorite aunt and uncle, very fun-loving. Hang in there, and surround yourself with friends and family, and you'll get through this.

Dear Toni:
I am profoundly sad to learn of Vinny's passing. You two will always be in my heart and thoughts. I think of that photo near the Point Vicente Lighthouse from several years back with everyone surrounding Vinny and it brings a smile to my face. Godspeed my friend.

Warmest regards, Jeff & Diane

And Dave, "It's Vinny with a "y" damnit" :rolleyes:IMG_0857.jpg

Toni,

Thank you for notifying me of Vincent’s passing. He is now without pain. Selfishly, we all will miss him.

I will share a story about ‘Uncle Vinny’.

In 2000, Vinny was looking for possible places to live and Santa Barbara, CA was one on his list. We had been chatting on the VMF about it and we made arrangements to meet in Camarillo, where I lived.
I had been frantically reassembling my Mustang in preparation for attending Knott’s that year.
We met at ‘Charn Thai’ in Camarillo for lunch and afterward we went to my home and I showed him my Mustang, which was in pieces. I think it was in late February.

We both had a great time and our friendship was cemented.
I got the car reassembled in time for Knott’s that year. Uncle Vinny told be that he thought there was no way in hell that I would have the car ready in time and couldn’t believe that I did.
Uncle Vinny, May you be at peace and Toni, just all remember that he was a man that all loved.

Toni, you will be in my prayers...

Steve

Toni,
You're in our prayers. Ron called me last night and told me. I'm so sorry. God Bless you and let us know when YOU decide to have a memorial.

Duane

Well, he and Johnpro are up there swapping stories and telling lies as usual. I always appreciated that year after year, Vinny and Toni would take time from the busy schedule to fly to SoCal to visit all of us at Knotts. I will miss him dearly.

This is Toni
With a very heavy heart I need to let you all know that Uncle Vinny
is now with God.

He went in for open heart surgery on April 26th with hopes of getting
the needed kidney transplant to end the 3 years of dialysis

He spent 96 (yes 96) days in the hospital but, unfortunately, due to
other complications his body was not able to tolerate the long stay
lying on his back and facing the ceiling

He left us on Tuesday: July 30th, 2019 at 6:22 pm

I want you all to know that Uncle Vinny got extreme pleasure
and satisfaction these many years being part of the groups
and the friendships he made along the way.

I do not know how to notify the Vintage Mustang forum fellas
since he always had trouble signing in to that forum so would
someone please forward this information along

At this time, I have NO details about a memorial

I'll be lost without him
Toni
Toni, you are in my prayers. May got give you comfort and strength. Oh, a new broom too.

We love you two so very much!

Amber and I would like to attend the memorial if at all possible.

Have you thought of doing one in the West with all his West friends?

It is with a heavy heart and much love, I send our condolences.

Mel and Amber.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back