• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Update on Shag's big 9" Rear End - now powder coated

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
The rear end had two holes for each Brake hose and vent. I welded them both up and installed a single hole for both application. Took the housing and two back plates down to my local powder coater who'll give it a 50% sheen which is somewhere between a semi and satin.

Here's some picks during the welding project.

Just came back from the powder coater. Hit the next button for another shot.

Question: The long line to feed the RH drum has two coil sections wrapped around the brake line. Where exactly do these two coils reside?

Craig, That's got to be the prettiest rearend I've seen in a long time. Please don't install her until all of the paint and body work is done! Crap, it almost looks to nice to install.... do you have a fireplace?.... like with a big sturdy mantle?

Good job man!

Craig,
Very nice, looks great. Only thing I would have done different is Stainless brake lines, they would have set off that black powder a lot more. Looks great. Are you going to paint the third member red oxide?

One more place to keep spotless. Looks real nice. Mine was not that nice but I still kept it clean on a weekly basis.

Rick,
I forgot that Garner67 gave me some SS lines so I'm going to see how they fit. I just feel that regular steel seats easier than SS.
Today I showed Shag a pic of his new black 9" and was he excited.

Back