• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Was the 1969 moonwalk....

I believe it to be real. I'm surprised, though, by the number of people under the age of 40 I meet that think it was a hoax. :wtf

If you think it was a hoax, then you would also have to believe that thousands of politicians, government employees and hollyweird people could have kept it secret for this long.

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

I'm willing to stake Duane's car it was real :naug

"blue65coupe" said:
Just putting it out there. And putting up my car? Well, will anyone come out a winner?

Maybe I should have picked a better prize :doh

I wasn't implying that you are a hoaxer, just that if (anyone) believes it, you have to believe the above mentioned loser secret keepers!

and I don't know anyone that believes any of the above. I kinda stick to my own peeps.

But....if you are a believer, well...then....... :stfu :bird :crazy :voodoo :2guns :guns :mod :bird :bird

:nice

I got to see a presentation by Jim Lovell some years ago and met him ever so briefly, if he was telling a fake story, he's better than any actor...ever! He can repeat the details the same, every time. For me, that's from experiencing it, not reading it and trying to remember what you read.

I was an original space nerd, not like these X box wannabees :bash

"Jamie aka Bondo_68" said:
Real no doubt, but I find the fake landing conspiracy interesting.
Here goes....I'll probably get flamed for this one. :burn

It was real. A real waste of time and money.

Look Ma......I went to the friggin' moon and all I found was what we thought we'd find, dirt and rocks. Let's go to Mars next. I hear the dirt and rocks there are red :dumas

Hubbell telescope: genius.
Landing on moon: Idiotic.
Going anywhere in space you can see is dead with a telescope: Incredibly Idiotic.
Waiting for Aliens to show up on your home turf so you can blast them out of the sky and copy their technology: Genius.

While I think man travelling past the earth's orbit is cool, I must agree with Sluggo that it is a huge waste of our tax dollars. And I do believe it was real as well. I know NASA is considering it yet again, but I think that money would be much better off in our pockets, paying down the debt, or in other military expenditures. This all coming from a guy who attended Space Camp twice, met Alan Shepard, and use to set up telescopes in his front yard.

And to top it off I read that somewhere around 2016 they are going to bring the "permanent space station" back into the Earth's atmosphere and burn it up after all these years and trips by the shuttle to build it at God knows how much the cost in dollars and human life because the shuttle fleet is being retired and can't service it, Hello. :crazy

I'm all for space exploration.......I want them to figure out instant travel like in Star Trek, I'm tired of spending hours on a plane to get from point A to B

[warning: thread detour!]
What I find absolutely amazing is that NASA authorized the taping over the original video of Shepard's first taking steps off of the Lunar Module onto the surface of the moon. The recording of this seminal event of humankind was wiped out by some bureaucrat of incredible stupidity and idiocy. As a historian, it is unconscionable that the original recording was deleted due to lack of tape and the tape itself was re-used. This was done deliberately. Un-freakin-believable!

"Midlife" said:
[warning: thread detour!]
What I find absolutely amazing is that NASA authorized the taping over the original video of Shepard's first taking steps off of the Lunar Module onto the surface of the moon. The recording of this seminal event of humankind was wiped out by some bureaucrat of incredible stupidity and idiocy. As a historian, it is unconscionable that the original recording was deleted due to lack of tape and the tape itself was re-used. This was done deliberately. Un-freakin-believable!

Put the bottle down..http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/jul/16/moon-landing-tapes-erased

And I thought some neighbors were going to die when the taped over my daughters 7th soft ball tournament winning........

To derail it even more, just before we moved to Kansas in 93 I was still in Florida packing up our stuff and Deb was already working in KS. I went skydiving and had the jump taped. Before I left I wanted to tape a race...guess which tape I used.

Not only was she pissed I jumped out of a plane, but the fact she didn't even get to see the jump sent her over the edge.
:expl

Back