• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Washers no workie!

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
I drove the '06 up to Johnstown, PA on business, and no fluid is coming out of the washer nozzles. It's about 28*F, but I thought the windshield washer fluid was good to several degrees below that temperature. Any other ideas? I will see if I have a needle and poke the nozzle jets to see if they are plugged.

Yep, it is should be of the non freezing type. Very well could be dirt. Might disconnect a hose down stream and see if the fluid moves to that point.

You may need to find a warm garage and drain that southern fluid and replace with anti freezing northern type!

Re: Washers workie now!

After an hour battling my way out of Johnstown PA (fishtailing and ensuring the loss of traction light on the dash works), I managed to find dry pavement and temperatures above freezing. Although it took 7 hours to get above 32*, the hood finally became clear of ice and snow. Unfortunately, the windshield was incredibly dirty from road wash. At a rest stop just across the South Carolina border, I tried the washers one final time. Guess what? A nice full spray of fluid!

Damn southerner fluid musta froze in the hood nozzle areas.

Re: Washers workie now!

"Midlife" said:
After an hour battling my way out of Johnstown PA (fishtailing and ensuring the loss of traction light on the dash works), I managed to find dry pavement and temperatures above freezing. Although it took 7 hours to get above 32*, the hood finally became clear of ice and snow. Unfortunately, the windshield was incredibly dirty from road wash. At a rest stop just across the South Carolina border, I tried the washers one final time. Guess what? A nice full spray of fluid!

Damn southerner fluid musta froze in the hood nozzle areas.

Got home and inspected the windshield washer fluid: 32*F Fluid. Cheap crap from WallyWorld.

It's only 300 miles from you, Nick...and in the ice and snow, and I'm running rain (not all-season) tires. Why didn't YOU come up and see me? Hmmmm?

I'd swear somebody said to drain that southern fluid back on the 10th.

"Midlife" said:
It's only 300 miles from you, Nick...and in the ice and snow, and I'm running rain (not all-season) tires. Why didn't YOU come up and see me? Hmmmm?

I know if you were in SC on 95 you were less than 75 miles from me and i would have come over to Florence and bought ya dinner or lunch!

"Midlife" said:
Well, I was in SC but on I85...and it was snowing!

Ok, your excused then. As far as snow in SC? C'mon now, it CAN'T snow here. :shrug You must have been hittin that Yukon pretty hard comin through here! :beer

"Midlife" said:

Obviously because you didn't call me and tell me you were going to be in the area. That is country close....since you would have drive up 81/83 through balitmore past york....etc....

Nope. Took I-81 up to I-70, then west to the PA Turnpike and then 59 north out of Bedford.

Next time, Nick...next time. How's the new kid? More importantly, is the little yip-shit dog still chasing cats?

Back