• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Watcha think of a porsche 1976 912e

pnandy

So ima heading over this weekend to check out a decent looking 912e that this lady has been trying to sell since early dec.

come summer time it will split time as the daily once the mustang is complete. the mustang will have a/c but the porsche doesn't so when its really hot i'll be using the mustang. it gets great gas mileage most owners report mid 30's i accidentally deleted the pics she sent me but heres a link to what it basically looks like except it has tinted windows and the whale tail spoiler.

I only just turned 22 a couple weeks ago and want to have fun cars to toy around while i can (always will have the mustang) and due to serious medical problems i've been faced with this past year i wont a dont feel comfortable even thinking about buying my own place for at least 3 years becasue i have no idea how my medical situation will affect me for the rest of my life.

So i have the money (my prorities have changed to enjoying myself as much as possible)and i figure that this car is a investment that shouldnt lose any value for the next few years, and since i have no real major mothly expenses i figure if the porsche tunrs out to be nice ima pick it up.

Just wanted to see what others think about the car and if it sounds like a ok idea
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/912E_W0QQitemZ150336124461QQihZ005QQcategoryZ6429QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you have the coin I'd say do it. I had a 914 in mind when I first read the post, glad you posted the pics. Realize that while its very similar to a VW, its gonna be $$$$ to work on or repair. Have you checked your insurance rates on it, being only 22. You may be better of buying it for the investment and parking it at my house till you turn 25 and your rates drop.

Like the car but not the whale tail. As said, look into the ins. They are a fun car to drive. I remember a couple of friends of mine bought them new. Always racing them. Good luck with it.

Now, we don't need to know about you "enjoying yourself as much as possible". :hide That goes in another forum......

"pnandy" said:
So ima heading over this weekend to check out a decent looking 912e that this lady has been trying to sell since early dec.

come summer time it will split time as the daily once the mustang is complete. the mustang will have a/c but the porsche doesn't so when its really hot i'll be using the mustang. it gets great gas mileage most owners report mid 30's i accidentally deleted the pics she sent me but heres a link to what it basically looks like except it has tinted windows and the whale tail spoiler.

I only just turned 22 a couple weeks ago and want to have fun cars to toy around while i can (always will have the mustang) and due to serious medical problems i've been faced with this past year i wont a dont feel comfortable even thinking about buying my own place for at least 3 years becasue i have no idea how my medical situation will affect me for the rest of my life.

So i have the money (my prorities have changed to enjoying myself as much as possible)and i figure that this car is a investment that shouldnt lose any value for the next few years, and since i have no real major mothly expenses i figure if the porsche tunrs out to be nice ima pick it up.

Just wanted to see what others think about the car and if it sounds like a ok idea
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/912E_W0QQitemZ150336124461QQihZ005QQcategoryZ6429QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Come on now, I know I didn't miss those words........

If you are going to just look at pictures, there are much better web sites for that. :naug

"AzPete" said:
If you are going to just look at pictures, there are much better web sites for that. :naug

Yep, that's what I did all day while the other site was shut down. :nice

Just to be clear, the 912 is a 4 cylinder engine in a 901 body. Performance relative to a 6 cylinder 911 is significantly down.

With that cleared up, I drove a '91 Carrera 2 as a daily driver for 9 years and it was an absolute blast, relatively economical to operate so long as nothing breaks and as they say, "There is no substitute..." It was blindingly fast with 250 HP (0-60 in around 5 seconds), top end over 160 mph, yet docile around town. My brother in law has been driving it the past 9 years and has added more than 100K miles in that time. Still running strong. I suggest you look for a 6 cylinder from 1984 and up, you won't regret it unless the prior owner never took care of it!!

ya i thought about a 911 but they cost way more and i always have the mustang for speed. plus 912s really aren't that bad in performance they may lack power but they are super light and the 912s have like a 49/51 weight ratio so whipping it through turns is not a problem.
no problem on insurance either as the 4 cylinder and age of the car helps me, i can always put my dad as a co owner to and use him to to lower the insurance costs.

dont wanna wait till im older either as i have no idea what my future really holds right now i might have to get treated for rest of my life or just a few more years

Back