• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Waytek - electrical, pigtails, power outlets

Jonk67

Thanks to fellow SF'rs I was linked to Waytek when I asked about buying extra 4 prong wiring pigtails as found under the dash of my '67. I wanted to remove as many wires as I could under the hood and wanted to use new pigtails and wiring for as much of the run as I could. Waytek was the only vendor I could find that had the square 4 prong pigtails so I searched their website. They had a $35 min. order or charge a $5 handling fee, I was close to $30 so I just ordered an extra pigtail pair to put me over. If you order online you have to enter a co. name, I just got a small bus. lic. so that was easy, I don't know if/how they check what bus. name you enter or if it matters but it's a required field.

I ordered on a Weds. and received the order the next Tues. so not as fast a shipping as other vendors but it got here in a week or 5 working days. I ordered double sided pigtails in 2, 3 and 4 prong (square) to get the most pairs of male/female for the least $ and figured I'd have extras for other SF'rs that may need one when I'm done wiring. I picked up a blue lighted switch and a USB power outlet for my console, it was new so of course I had to have it, it will power any USB electronic so it should come in handy for handheld stuff. I also had them throw in a catalog as it's easier to flip through than the webpage and I can look at it on my plane rides. I am happy with the products and service thus far.
http://order.waytekwire.com/cgi-bin/lansaweb?procfun+wordpr01+webfunc+M50+FUNCPARMS+WEBCMP(S0020):01+WEBID(S0020):01

One of each of my pigtails, I ordered 4 of each, the USB power port w/cap and toggle:
IMG_0881.jpg

Jon

I've ordered many electrical items from Waytek, and I don't remember having to give them a company name.

I also use [another vendor --- PM me for the name] for electrical supplies.

"garner67" said:
I've ordered many electrical items from Waytek, and I don't remember having to give them a company name.

I also use [another vendor --- PM me for the names] for electrical supplies.

Did you order over the phone or online? When I ordered online it was a required field that it wouldn't let you to the next screen until you put a co. name. Maybe you can order over the phone as an individual, I had all my part #'s in so I did it online. It all came nicely packaged in zip lock bags with part #'s and my co. name printed on it.
Thanks for the other link, I see they have the 4 prong square pigtails individually under trailer connectors, good to know, they have some nice stuff too.
Thansk, Jon

If I order online and the website requires a name in the "Company" field I just put my name in that field again. It ends up being address to me with my name listed twice, but its a workaround that works.

"Jonk67" said:
Did you order over the phone or online? When I ordered online it was a required field that it wouldn't let you to the next screen until you put a co. name. Maybe you can order over the phone as an individual, I had all my part #'s in so I did it online. It all came nicely packaged in zip lock bags with part #'s and my co. name printed on it.
Thanks for the other link, I see they have the 4 prong square pigtails individually under trailer connectors, good to know, they have some nice stuff too.
Thansk, Jon

I ordered online, but you may be right... I might have had to enter some sort of name in the company field. However, they don't require a business tax ID number.

Back