• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What plug wires?

Do you guys use? I have a set of MSD street wires and they really seem to fit like $h&*. I;m not sure if its the JBA headers or what but a couple of the boots are really close if not resting on the header tubes. I'm thinnking I may need some 45 degree boots or something on the end to help them fit better.

"Fast68back" said:
Do you guys use? I have a set of MSD street wires and they really seem to fit like $h&*. I;m not sure if its the JBA headers or what but a couple of the boots are really close if not resting on the header tubes. I'm thinnking I may need some 45 degree boots or something on the end to help them fit better.

I use Ford Racing wires.

I've learned my lesson when I smoked a new set of wires last year. I will always use the wires with the adjustable boots and the heat insulators.
bootprotectors.jpg

I have Ford Racing wires, but they're far from the lengths I want. The 45* boots work great, but I'll be buying a set of blue Moroso cut-to-length wires pretty soon. Tired of plug wires scattered all over the engine bay...

Make sure you protect your investment with some wire separators and maybe the boot protectors. It also cleans up the engine compartment. Here are several pics of mine in different stages.
347strokermotor005.jpg

valvwcovers002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have someon there with the existing MSD wires, I just dont like the boot on the ends of them, there are two that are a real PIA and one I cant get on at all with the JBA headers.

2_14_12_08_11_28_22_0.JPG

Thanks for all the input guys

Back