• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Whats in your neighborhood?

My son and I have been riding our bikes around the neighborhood the last few days since spring WAS here. Its amazing what you can find in your own neighborhood. Here is what I spotted in the few blocks surrounding my house

1. A 67/68 Fairline, looks in decent shape but was way back in the driveway, had the hood up, which I took as good sign :nice
2. A few modded 5.0's
3. A 67-69 Camaro
4. A T bucket
5. An old jag
6. A 69/70 Mustang FB, but I knew this one was there
7. A 73 Mach 1
8. A 67 Coupe sitting in a driveway, doesnt look as if its been moved in a while
9. A 65/66 conv in a guys garage
10. An early Riviera with some cool old school pin strips
11. A few hot milfs...

No MILF's in my area, I drive past a couple of Nova's I wouldn't mind having. There is also a guy who must be into tri-five Chevy's as he has quite a few sitting behind a pole building. I suspect some nice ones are in the building but I've never seen the door open. My wife found a 40 something Ford pickup in town the other day and took me to see it. I'll snap a pic when I'm home. Its tubbed and has a 460 and kinda "rat rod" black primer but nice. He has a sharp Pro Street S10 and early 70's 4x4 Chevy C10 also. They look like they were done in the 90's. There are also way too many slammed/lowrider S10's running around here! Most of them aren't really that bad but it seams everyone has one. This area is definately Chevy Truck area. Slammed and lifted 4X4's There is even a late 90's Silverado with Dually fenders and big M/T Pro Street tires instead of duals. It's slammed and flammed with lots of graphics. Anyway, I know there is a lot more but these are what I've seen most recently.

On my block there is:

a Superformance Cobra replica with a stroked Windsor;

a '65 T'Bird Special Edition (Emberglo with Parchment trim);

a '65 Mustang coupe project with a lowered suspension and modern wheels;

a '66 Dodge Coronet with a very mean sounding 440 under the hood;

a '70 Buick Skylark with a 454 Chevy motor (my son's)

a '67 Ranchero XL with factory Z code 390 and 4 speed (mine)

Extending the search beyond the immediate block yields:

a '70 Dodge Charger R/T;

a '68 Mustang California Special;

a '60 Corvette

a '64 Mercury Marauder with a R code 427;

a '69 Firebird 400

a '65 Corvette

There are also a number of pretty women and a few seriously fast German Hot Rods as well. (including a Porsche Carrera, a Mercedes E63, and a BMW M6)

nieghbor

has 70's avanti and a mint model t in garage she used to have an older nicer all orginal avanti that her husband got her brand new but it got hit while in a parking lot and since they are all fiberglass it was unfixable

couple houses down 67 fastback gt that has nthn but a ton of money already into it tcp coilover steeroids power rack and pinion 347 with dual 4v carbs dressed up with march serpentine system has hydralic power brakes....alot more i can't think of to. he wants to sell it and start on a new mustang 69 70

two houses up 32 ford coupe hot roded

bottom of street is a 68 fastback rust free waiting for full resto in the guys garage

two 69 camaro z28's

some old asian dude that rides in a pimped out old cadillac that has hydros and has interior covered in white fur like material funnest thing i've ever seen.

those are all about within 2 miles of my house

about 5 miles from me a guy i golf with has 2 gt 40's had to get two b/c he couldnt decide between and blue one or the lemans paint one. he has like a 3million car collection.

I found a nice 70's porsche 912 in the neighborhood that im looking to snag up in this economy and split it with the mustang as a daily driver once the mustang is done that is.

good amount of older cars in the area in general i live about 8 miles from boyd coddingtons old shop used to see him driving around every now in different hot rods once it starts really warming up they all start coming out

anyone else on here into older porsches?

Just one, my neighbor in the adjacent cul-de-sac has a early 90's T/A - pro-street car. Nicely tubbed. Supercharged 350 small-block. Set up for 1/4 mile. street legal though.

I ain't got crap to speak of in my neighborhood.... of course I don't really live in a neighborhood, so that makes it kinda hard.

I know there's a fella down the road a spell that has a 427 in an old Camaro that looks pretty nice. I'd have to extend the "neighborhood" range to a 10 mile radius to come up with even a couple cars that would be worth mentioning.

Let's see, since my neighbor hood is a military sponsored RV park, there is nothing this week. Most that come in here brag of something back home....where ever that may be. Some have told me of 34 Fords, 57 Chevies, Early Mustangs, MG's, Cobras, and who knows what else. I invite them all to bring them next time. Only two produced pictures and one says his '62 MG might follow him next year. His wife raised her eyebrows there. So, who is to say. If I go out farther, there is a good mix, mostly hidden in garages and not driven.

the sign is still up where the shop was but you can tell nothing is really there his guys setup shop somewhere else. his shop was right next to rebel mustang and a whole bunch of other auto places
whittier la habra area is littered with well known builders and shops

There's a local "homeless" person who has a 08 triple black Mustang and a very loud 1966 grey with black striped Mustang coupe. He'll often loaf outside my house begging for beer handouts.

That's about it. There's a couple late model small coupes (M3?), and an early Camaro that isn't road-worthy hidden in a garage.

Hmmmm, don't know anyone with an '08......and the '66 is not loud.......

So I don't have to supply my own beer.....will have to remember that. lol Need to come begging again for sure.

"JeffTepper" said:
a '70 Buick Skylark with a 454 Chevy motor (my son's)

a '67 Ranchero XL with factory Z code 390 and 4 speed (mine)
would like to see some pics of those!

There is a nice 68 Camaro. Other than that just a lot of Mercedes, BMW....... you know the new crap. There are a couple neighbors who have beautiful wives that are jaw droppers.

Here's an old shot of the Ranchero

IMG_0284.jpg

I don't have one of the Buick handy.

Nice truck, errr I mean ranchero. You said its an old picture, what have you done to it? I've been watching this 63 F100 build for a while, kinda thinking one with a late model Cobra drivetrain would be pretty sweet.

67pontiac031.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back