• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Whats the best way to

Align pulleys? I FINALLY got around to trying to install the new KRC pump I got from Shaun at Street or Track and the pulleys do not line up with the March pulleys I am using. The kit came with a couple washers to use to get the final spacing down, but I think I may need to go a little thicker than the washer to get the to line up. Other than eyeballing them, is there a tried and true method to line them up correctly?

Also, where should I place the additional spacers? Sorry for the crappy cell pictures, but from the head there are two spacers on each of the three mounting bolts, the bracket and then the pump itself. I really do not want to space behind the pump/in front of bracket as I like that the pump sits flush on the bracket. Should I space behind the bracket? In front of the heads or between the spacers?

Add necessary spacers alongside the already installed kit supplied spacers to space the bracket further outward.

By the way, I noticed that your PS Pump belt is not installed.

When I was designing the bracket for my Saginaw pump it was a lot of trial and error. I ended up getting a few spacers and washers that worked then cut an old spacer I had around to the final length. I used my digital caliper to make sure the length was the same as my stack of washers/spacers. I have it about 99% lined up but once in a while I get a belt squeel on initial startup. I am going to change over to a Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belt since they have angle grooves as well as the normal 6 for a serpentine belt. The new belt is on its way over from Summit with my new Canton oil pan. If it works I'll let you know.

http://www.goodyearep.com/ProductsDetail.aspx?id=3128

"Horseplay" said:
laser ...seriously.

That was my thought too, you could mount one to a magnetic holder and place it on the fender.

Or use a piece of 1/4" steel clamped to your PS pulley face. You just need a straight edge. It ain't rocket science brotha.

"70_Fastback" said:
Or use a piece of 1/4" steel clamped to your PS pulley face. You just need a straight edge. It ain't rocket science brotha.
:wstup

Back