• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wheel and Tyre combo for 66 fastback

gretschem

Im confused guys. Im not sure if I want styled steel wheels or V45's. I want my car to look clean and original. I also would like to fit disc brakes on the front. What suggestions would you make for a clean look, with minor modifications. Ive searched the net for a long time. Im just getting lost. Theres so many options...

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

"gretschem" said:
I want my car to look clean and original. I also would like to fit disc brakes on the front.

Thanks

First you have to determine what kind of disk brakes you want so you can choose rim diameter like 15 or 16 inch rims.
Orig four pistons or the granada setup which is less expensive.
Our friend CMAYNA has a great setup but you need to go one notch smaller in tire choose as you have a 66 and he has a 67 horse.

Call Dan at Chockostang. He will set you up with a stock disk brake system that will fit any wheels.

Best thing for wheel design selection would be to simply take a side shot photo of your rig, then photoshop styled wheels and then V45 wheels into your pic. This will help you a lot. If you do not photoshop, you might find a member or two or three who does and who would be willing to do it for you.

For example, How would some Chebbie hub caps look on a Boss?

4-020811141308.jpeg

But my first thought on this is I would go with the styled wheels only if you want to stay very original looking. Otherwise go V45 or American Racing for that bad ass look.

Disc brakes, Yes Dan of Chockostang is fantastic when it comes to brakes. A very simple Kelsey Hayes setup is very plentiful amongst suppliers and is pretty straight forward to install.

For the daughter's 65, which was originally all drums, I found someone who on CL was parting out a burnded out mustang which had discs. Bought the entire front axle/brake setup. Rebuilt everything and installed it. If I remember, I did buy new rotors and a new dual MC.

My 66 with 15x7s and 225-50s...It doesn't look exactly stock, but most folks have to scratch their heads for a minute before figuring out that the car is 1.5 inches lower with larger, wider, wheels and tires...

Well. Ive decided to do a Shelby clone and ordered some GT350 CRAGERS 15x6...

Back