• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Where to mount ignition box

Here's a couple shots during the build. Yes, I painted the box.

IMG_3344.JPG

IMG_3507.JPG

IMG_4240.JPG

Thanks for the pics. Big help. I like the fact that you painted the dist, coil and box. The only thing that I do not like about MSD is the red and gold. It is starting to look like a rainbow under the hood

"Dyno68FB" said:
Anyone want to post some reference pics with their coil and ignition box?

i welded studs to the underside of the cowl and mounted it between the cowl and heater box.

i had to move the blaster coil to the drivers side of the block (to long to fit in the correct location).

I mounted mine in the fender/wheel area, behind the headlight, making an aluminum shield to keep it free of the elements.

"buckeyedemon" said:
i welded studs to the underside of the cowl and mounted it between the cowl and heater box………"

I did basically the same thing on a GT350 where I wasn't too ken on it showing, But used velcro instead of welding. and placed it directly under the center of the cowl. It held up fine over a 11 year / 65,000 mile period.

On my current K code its on the driver side fender, and both it and the coil are painted black so they don't stand out as much.

Z.

Back