• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Where to place PPV?

"Sportbikechick" said:
I have a adjustable proportioning valve, where is a convenient place to put it?
dne'
IMG_7509.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about "convenient" location, but I did something a little different. I mounted my proportioning valve in the cabin, on the trans tunnel hump. The adjustment knob sticks out of the ashtray hole of my console, and I fabricated a stainless steel cover that fills the open ashtray hole. Here are a couple of pics...
23791070088_medium.jpg

23791070096_medium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's convenient Garner! When I was just going to use the adjustable valve for the rear brakes, I just couldn't figure out where to put it that would have been reachable/accessible. So I just went ahead and installed the expensive one seen in the photo here. I'm pleased with how it came out(installation/bracket i made). My Rigid flaring tool was execellent in making nice double flares too! I'm not sure if I'm going to use the pressure switch for the brake yet. It does make it look more 'techy'! lol Could I just run the wires from my existing brake light switch through the firewall and connect it to the switch seen in the photo?

IMG_7632.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bleeding question please

After having used this bender, it did work great, but is tough on the wrists, and I know I'll have a nice blister from twisting, etc. I got it from Eastwood.com. I saw there were maybe better ones available now! Maybe less detrimental to the hands, more of a roller type. But I'm OK with this one as the job is hopefully almost finished.

I was laying in bed thinking last night(I do that often)lol. I didn't bench bleed the master cylinder before installation, and I will tell you, gettting that MC off is a PAIN! Can I just allow it to gravity bleed or let someone work the brake pedal to accomplish the same Bench bleeding affect?
photo is from Eastwood.com(advertisement)
tubingbender.jpg

you've got some mad skillz Dne!
if you used the standard type of brake lines, ie, not chrome, they will eventually rust.
a tip i picked up was to steel wool them, then clearcoat them.

clear coating brake lines?

Thank Joe for the compliment! I eat that up! The brake lines I bought from Laurelmountain mustang as a kit, you know, the entire brake line set. Yeah cool, just bolt em up! ha ha ha :rofl! I guess I can still steel wool them while they're still easy to get at, and shoot some clear on them?
dne'

yes, you can do that since the part most will see is on top.
but if you haven't put fluid in them yet, it may be easier to just take them off to do it.

Can I just allow it to gravity bleed or let someone work the brake pedal to accomplish the same Bench bleeding affect?

You can effectively bench bleed the master cylinder while it's installed in the car.

The purpose of bench bleeding is to remove any trapped air from the internal passages of the master cylinder. Whether this is done on a workbench vise or installed in a car makes no difference.
Most new master cylinders come with a cheap "bench bleeding kit". Disconnect the front and rear hard lines from the master cylinder (that you just bent and installed) and use this kit and the supplied directions to "bench bleed" the master while it's installed in the car.

This procedure will remove any trapped air from the master... making the brake line bleeding process that much easier.

I just bench bled, installed a similar PPV and bent up all new lines from scratch on the 64.5 car I'm working on. Your work actually looks a little cleaner than mine. Good job Dne'.

THank DAVE!

Thank you Dave for the compliment! I do try my best and sometimes doesn't come out like I'd like. But if at first you don't succeed, try try again! I had one brake line near the MC that I got to make 3 times! The little short lines are much more difficult than the longer lines! ok, back to work!
dne'

Re: Installation adjustable valve

"Sportbikechick" said:
Now I just need to install the rear axle, but waiting for my geek mechanic to put the axle bearing on! He's had my axles for almost 4 weeks! I'm not finished with the installation, but the most difficult part is over.

Go get them from him and bring 'em over, I'll have 'em done in about 30 minutes.

Nice work BTW!

Re: Bleeding question please

"Sportbikechick" said:
After having used this bender, it did work great, but is tough on the wrists...
tubingbender.jpg
I see what you mean, that looks like a real bear to use...
You did an awesome job. I used SS and it was a nightmare but they shouldn't rust. I like the garner location too, I was contemplating mounting mine in the car somewhere, I may just copy that.

Back