• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Which color paint for the cleveland

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
I like the traditional blue but question which shade is period correct for 68. Is it the darker blue or Krylon 1909 which I have used on Red? I want to paint the block this weekend.

I had the same choice on sLime, but went for the darker blue, because I like it better than the lighter shade. If you're looking for correctness, you might want to contact Jeff Speegle.

----------------
Currently playing on the Rock Show: Shooter Jennings - Lonesome Blues

Charles Turner gave me the recipe for Ford Corporate Blue, and it's absolutely gorgeous. It has a slight purple hue to it, making it a deep blue.

DAR 13898

I agree that the darker Ford blue (or the corporate blue) is the only way to go. I had the lighter one for a while and was not a big fan of the shade. And since shag already has green under the hood and a Cleveland motor/T5z, I would not really be concerned about correctness. Paint it whatever color you think would look best.

Black - no freeking colors in the engine bay. Chrome, alum. and black, that's it.

Blue - Gag me with a spoon ... Barf me out ... :zip

Sorry Johnny. Black = Gak! Blue = Rules. Picked up a few cans of Duplicolor DE1606 engine paint last night. Nice dark blue.

Well, that's alright. Your allowed to screw up once in a while. Should have been black though. You should have looked at Garner67's engine before you made up your mind..........Dork! :dumas

2462218_271_full.jpg

Never mind the paint on the oil filter, i did that so because i didnt feel like taping it off.

Thanks craig. Like you i stressed over what to do, and soon all the worry will pay off for you. Now that you committed to the Cleveland, get that thing done already. :wor

I understand that corporate blue would be the correct color to paint the motor but.... it'll contrast oddly with the car color.... green. I'm a big fan of black motors, the only reason I painted my 347 blue was to stay with the whole blue/white color of the car.

What about Massey Furgerson Tractor Silver Grey? Nice contrast against the black engine compartment.

Actually I have been reconsidering color since I haven't painted it yet. Black is a maybe but I like a little contrast in the engine compartment. The goat has a silver blue finish for the engine in an all black compartment. Look pretty sweet but that happens to be a very stock GTO color combo.

I'm going to look for some silver grey samples to see if I could live with it. I kept the receipts so I can always return the blue paint.

be different paint it purple :ide

I would paint it black because it won't show the oil leaks right away. :kaid

My car is Gotham Grey from the '07 Nissan line. Not really a silver, but not a grey really either. I have thought of doing my engine with it if I ever pull it for something.

Back