• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

why do some Marines pants not have a "blood stripe?"

LOL I have a military family as well. Mother was Navy, Grandfather was Army.
Husband went Marine Corps, he's got some newphews in the Marines. Both of his grandfathers served (one of which was a medic who was there on the beach at Normandy).

I find it funny though that my own mother told me if I ever joined the Navy she would disown me. LOL So opted for the best route.. USAF!! :thu Of course then I had to listen to my big Marine husband refer to me as zoomie. :char

Well my brother-in-law is currently USAF and my daughter is planning to go that route in the medical program in order to have them pay for med school. I looked into it and WOW, it's a heck of a deal! My father-in-law is retired Navy. Whenever they'd come to town my parents would always offer them a place to stay instead of them going to a hotel. It was hilarious to sit around the kitchen table at night with my father and father-in-law. They'd jokingly throw Marine versus sailor insults back and forth across the table. I'd just sit in between, knowing better and just keeping my mouth shut! LOL

p.s I've been called a zoomie many times by the boat floating Coasties (whom are known in the Coast Guard and Navy as "black shoes" and aviators are called "brown shoes"). Since I was on helicopters I've also been called a noodle winger! LOL

It was hilarious to sit around the kitchen table at night with my father and father-in-law. They'd jokingly throw Marine versus sailor insults back and forth across the table.

HA! Sounds like dinner at my husbands grandparents. His one grandfather was in the Navy and yeah, there's Marine vs Navy 'discussions'. Service rivalry is all in good fun. Every branch plays a role and all deserve respect.. but still fun to bash the other branches. :thu

Back