• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wife bought a new ride

Fst Blk

Took the wife out looking for myself a 4 door Jeep. I’ve always wanted one for a toy. Anyhow, after driving several the wife decides she wants one for her everyday driver.

We end up buying a new rubicon...
7a70ae38a7a6a0403869249c1be37bd4.jpg

Had to take it to the river and try it out yesterday lol.
b11afe7585ff3e807a3641d41c296655.jpg
339c819f75e79fde7ddc0abcaa095302.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!

I've been thinking about getting one for a long time now. I just can't pull the trigger on a $40,000 vehicle. I hate having car payments. I do miss my Jeep's.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

This one is loaded with navigation, leather, heated seats and the works. 52k sticker... ouch

It's crazy how much they are now. I was looking at a Sahara with most of the options. The rubicon is a bit of overkill for me.

I have had 3 wranglers. Love them

It is insane. This was the last of the ‘old’ body style 18s so I got a great buy on it.

I went in over the winter and tried to get one, but the dealers up here no they don't have to deal on wranglers. They have almost outsold toyota camrys now.

https://jalopnik.com/holy-crap-the-...-to-1825738359/amp?amp_gsa=1#amp_tf=From %1$s

If the dealer would had met my number I would have bought it. So I went and bought a Volvo convertible instead. Oh well. Maybe next year.

Finance manager told me they don’t deal on Jeep’s. I told him if he wanted to sell that one today he would lmao.

Let me start by saying you got a great looking Jeep. My wife has a Trailhawk model Cherokee which I like a lot. Except for one thing. There is a NOTORIOUS issue with the Pentastar 3.6L V6 which I believe is the same engine standard in the Rubicon. I searched to see if they had done anything to fix the problem and it looks like the answer is no unfortunately. At some point (usually after about 30k miles but almost always before 50k) it is going to potentially dump QUARTS of oil all over the ground beneath it. You can Google "oil leak..." and find no end to information out there about the issue. Here is a video example

We just experienced it ourselves a few months ago. Had it idling on the drive one cold morning and came out to find a HUGE mess. At least the work was done under warranty. I had to clean the 3' x 4' oil puddle on my concrete driveway myself.:mad:
My advice to you is either do your own oil changes or take it to a dealer each time. There is a funky housing that holds a replaceable filter element MOUNTED UNDER THE INTAKE that eventually always cracks causing the massive leak. Jiffy Lube type techs likely are not aware and probably could not care anyway and only accelerate the likelihood of damage.

My plan is to replace the part again in after about 36k miles or three years, whichever comes first.

Let me start by saying you got a great looking Jeep. My wife has a Trailhawk model Cherokee which I like a lot. Except for one thing. There is a NOTORIOUS issue with the Pentastar 3.6L V6 which I believe is the same engine standard in the Rubicon. I searched to see if they had done anything to fix the problem and it looks like the answer is no unfortunately. At some point (usually after about 30k miles but almost always before 50k) it is going to potentially dump QUARTS of oil all over the ground beneath it. You can Google "oil leak..." and find no end to information out there about the issue. Here is a video example

We just experienced it ourselves a few months ago. Had it idling on the drive one cold morning and came out to find a HUGE mess. At least the work was done under warranty. I had to clean the 3' x 4' oil puddle on my concrete driveway myself.:mad:
My advice to you is either do your own oil changes or take it to a dealer each time. There is a funky housing that holds a replaceable filter element MOUNTED UNDER THE INTAKE that eventually always cracks causing the massive leak. Jiffy Lube type techs likely are not aware and probably could not care anyway and only accelerate the likelihood of damage.

My plan is to replace the part again in after about 36k miles or three years, whichever comes first.

Thanks for the heads up.

Back