• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Winter Projects

"scedd" said:
What is a "Winter"?

DSC01201.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like the road to Mt.Bachelor in Oregon! Sure don't miss that.

"silverblueBP" said:
That looks like the road to Mt.Bachelor in Oregon! Sure don't miss that.

It is from the Beartooth Hwy outside of Yellowstone. It was the end of June! :craz

DSC01197.jpg

"Fast68back" said:
So here it is:
1. What are your winter project goals?

Tentatively, Installing 5 or 6 speed so I can enjoy driving on the highway again. 3.50s and 4 gears are just not cutting it.

2. What do you plan to have done before new years?

Hopefully to have pulled the toploader and all else pulled

3. What do you plan to have done before spring?

Get trans installed in time for crusin' Ocean City Mid-May, so I can drive down without being in the slow lane THE WHOLE TIME getting passed by hybrid vehicles.

"silverblueBP" said:
Ahem, let me see if I can splain it.............. :bird

how about that, its the same reaction we get here from everyone south of the border!

this is the closest i could find to white stuff on the ground - last weekend on the barge to Fraser Island
fraser010.jpg

Plan is to get my 65 coupe in paint by Spring! Hopefully by New years, I'll have all my suspension powder coated and ready to install on my freshly painted car in the spring......

"Fast68back" said:
Jeremy sent me a picture of his car today with a caption about it being the last drive of the year. Made me wonder what everyone had planned for winter projects while the weather turns bad.

So here it is:

1. What are your winter project goals?
2. What do you plan to have done before new years?
3. What do you plan to have done before spring?

1. Work on project "Eyesore," which means bringing back--to drive--a long, long dead Mustang.

2. Replacing/rebuilding the entire brake system from the booster "down;" fuel system replaced; and some front-end work.

3. On the road, under it's own power, by the end of April.

Goal is to start stripping down parts car and get parts I am going to reuse cleaned and painted. Hope to have new body in paint shop to get bottom and under hood painted by spring time.

I'm currently rebuilding my transmission (3 speed manual). I'll then strip the rear undercarriage, detail the rear axle, and install my new TrueTrac differential and 3.25 gears.

I've got two projects:

1) Get the toploader into the fastback. I hit a rough patch financially, but a soon as I get payed at the new job I should be able to get a speedo cable and gears to get the job done. Hopefully in the next month or so.

2) Get the fox body on the road. I've been working on it at school for the past couple weeks and have gotten a lot done. The major damage is mostly pulled out, I just need to get the right A pillar pulled out to mate up with the door again before I cut off the roof skin. Then on goes the new one:)

I got back from Persian Gulf deployment in August, so Im dragging the track car out this winter and getting her shipshape for 2010. Need to work on brakes, strut rods, exhaust, and carb, plus new tires. Hopefully she'll be ready for Road Atlanta in March.

"LMan68" said:
I got back from Persian Gulf deployment in August, so Im dragging the track car out this winter and getting her shipshape for 2010. Need to work on brakes, strut rods, exhaust, and carb, plus new tires. Hopefully she'll be ready for Road Atlanta in March.
thanks for serving our country and welcome home!

If not Christmas then New Years for sure.... :ep

I am still looking for recruits for The Stangfix overhaulin Ireland trip.......beer, food and lodging on me....

Back